• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* WCL - Global Div 1, The Netherlands 2010

Predict The Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Afghanistan have Ireland at 181/6...Irish need some big hitting to make a competitive total. Which they tried and then lost two wickets.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Tom Cooper in the runs for the Netherlands, he is scoring a bit slowly though.

Hopefully he can play like this for the Redbacks consistently.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
If Kenya won't imp their game as soon as possible it looks like 2013 WCQs will be the curtains for their ODI status. I think teams like Namibia, UAE & Uganda could replace them.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So 3 of 3 for Ireland A oops I mean Ireland.

Ireland are playing really well here inspite of not having their star players. How would they look if they had all their players? Looks like they are gonna be stronger than Zimbabwe, Bangladesh or even West Indies if Ed & H.Marchal join them for 2011 CWC?

I say this line up should be great:

1) Ed Joyce
2) W Porterfield
3) Sterling
4) H.Marshall
5) N.O'Brien
6) A.White
7) K.O'Brien
8) Mooney
9) West
10) Cusack
11) Rankin

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
So 3 of 3 for Ireland A oops I mean Ireland.

Ireland are playing really well here inspite of not having their star players. How would they look if they had all their players? Looks like they are gonna be stronger than Zimbabwe, Bangladesh or even West Indies if Ed & H.Marchal join them for 2011 CWC?

I say this line up should be great:

1) Ed Joyce
2) W Porterfield
3) Sterling
4) H.Marshall
5) N.O'Brien
6) A.White
7) K.O'Brien
8) Mooney
9) West
10) Cusack
11) Rankin
And if you could add Morgan to that list it would make a really strong challenge, even without Morgan it's very strong, and it will be great to have Joyce back in the team and to have Marshall, next up is Canada :D...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
And if you could add Morgan to that list it would make a really strong challenge, even without Morgan it's very strong, and it will be great to have Joyce back in the team and to have Marshall, next up is Canada :D...
How do u think this team would fare in a Test match against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe?

Galactus

Banned
these teams should start playing regularly with the test nations and a teams at least 40 matches per year

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
How do u think this team would fare in a Test match against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe?

Well right now I would feel we could give them both a good game and I would say we would beat both of them,

and now throw in Marshall and Joyce and I would feel even more confident, I would like to give New Zealand and the West Indies a go also,

I say we are past Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, and we should aim for wins against West Indies and New Zealand,

and throw Morgan back in the side, it would really help us also, well that's what I think :D,

and another win today against Canada by 5 wickets, so through to the final...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Congrats for Ireland on entering another final. They proved to be the kings of NTP Nations by being undefeated in-spite of missing their main players. I wish these guys get Test Status ASAP, can't wait to see cricket with 11 Test nations.

P.S - The Poll is gone close on 9th so guys post ur votes ASAP...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Great Ireland are the WCL Div 1 Champions. Congrats for the way they played. They were unbeaten in the tournament inspite of not having their best players. Is this enough for them to be considered for test status???

Final Standings:
1) Ireland
2) Scotland
3) Afghanistan
4) The Netherlands
5) Canada
6) Kenya

Should wait n see how the full strength Ireland fair against Bangladesh in the upcoming ODI series. Should they beat them 2-0, things might turn up interesting for them.

Wat are ur openions? Should Ireland be a test nation after 2011 Cricket World Cup?

stumpski

International Captain
Personally not in favour of Test status being given out based on performances in one-day cricket. I'd like to see Ireland given some four-day games against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe to see if they can compete with those sides on equal terms. That will give us a better idea of whether they're ready. But it goes without saying that they'll need all their best players available.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Personally not in favour of Test status being given out based on performances in one-day cricket. I'd like to see Ireland given some four-day games against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe to see if they can compete with those sides on equal terms. That will give us a better idea of whether they're ready. But it goes without saying that they'll need all their best players available.
If no one is willing to give them a chance to play 4-day games, wat other option have they got? Atleast ICC should make them a parmanent ODI nation by alloting them with 75% of the Test Nation funds.