Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IPL Contracts 2011 - 2013 for the "stars"

International Vice-Captain
    I heard it was 3 marquee 3 pro.
    Wonder if kumar sarnia will pick up a locals contract from dehli.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Seems a bit silly if that's true. Kills the fabric of all the teams.
    It would make the whole idea of building a side pointless. They should let the franchise have the option of having a first option on their current players, with those who reject the new contract going into the auction.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    It would make the whole idea of building a side pointless. They should let the franchise have the option of having a first option on their current players, with those who reject the new contract going into the auction.
    Yeah, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    I heard it was 3 marquee 3 pro.
    Wonder if kumar sarnia will pick up a locals contract from dehli.
    Is your love for Sarnia because he's Australian?
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Mathews and Malinga will be big shots next time. Criminally under payed compared with their payments with performances. Suraj Randiv and Chanaka Welagedara may get a contract.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

Banned
    I don't want to see anymore Ishant-Roach-Duminy kind of signings. It made perform-in-Australia-grab-fat-contract a fad.

GGG
    Before this IPL I would of said that Ross Taylor would of fetched the most for a non Indian, interesting to see what will happen now that his form dropped off.

Haha so true. Disgustingly overpaid those 3

@SirAlex's post
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    I don't want to see anymore Ishant-Roach-Duminy kind of signings. It made perform-in-Australia-grab-fat-contract a fad.
    Duminy was quality and pure class for MI in the last edition of IPL. He was injured this season and is suffering from general form loss atm. Roach didn't play many games either. Sharma is the only culprit but meh, he sucks at everything these days.

Roach didn't play many games, hence was overpaid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Duminy was quality and pure class for MI in the last edition of IPL. He was injured this season and is suffering from general form loss atm. Roach didn't play many games either. Sharma is the only culprit but meh, he sucks at everything these days.
    Duminy did a Kallisesque job. 372 runs @ 41 @ 114. Good? Yes. Worth the money they paid? No. Although to his credit, Duminy never quoted his price, and did the best he could.

Re Roach, What Jono said. There is no point in paying so much and benching him.

All the 'icons' perhaps except Sachin will see a big fall in their salaries. Yuvraj could actually be out of a contract with Kxip even!

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Duminy was a liability on his team in the last season, and this one too. When he played the whole season for Mumbai last season, he scratched around at a sub-120 strike rate, which was well below par, in comparison to the more imperious Haydos, Gilly, Roy, Dilshan, AB as well as some Indians in other teams, most of whom came for less. Even in this season, he was picked ahead of both Sanath and Bravo, and failed when needed most. Roach didn't get too many games, and wasn't needed, given how raw, and ultimately, dire, he was- the cheaper together Vaas-Harris duo were far better. As for Sharma, he's not alone- almost all of the Indian players in KKR were dross yet again, because that team is so badly managed.

Mashrafe Mortaza is the single most overpriced player in the IPL in any season. He's got nothing to back up his price tag.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Even as some players get a downgrade in contracts, they'll be bargain picks for their franchises. While Irfan may be overpriced at his current valuation, if he comes at the same valuation as his brother or Suresh Raina, he's a fantastic pick. Ishant Sharma may be massively overpriced, but if any other team gets him cheaply, he'll do them a lot of good, given that he's a far better strike bowler than, say, RP Singh. Talking of RP, he's not had much to do this season, but at a bargain price, he too will do his team some good, being a Purple Cap holder once and the best T20 seamer in India. I wouldn't even think about downgrades for Yuvraj, Gambhir, Sehwag and Rohit Sharma- they're all too good to be anywhere near a downgrade. Mishra, Ojha, Jakati, Ashwin and possibly Dinda may need upgrades, while some of them may need assured playing XI places. As for the rest, no change.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information