• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Series Cricket Stats

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WSC brings Lillee's WPM up from an unmatched in modern times 5.0 to an even better 5.1.

I am becoming more and more inclined to have my all time fast bowling attack consist of McGrath, Marshall and Lillee.

Teja.

Global Moderator
WSC brings Lillee's WPM up from an unmatched in modern times 5.0 to an even better 5.1.

I am becoming more and more inclined to have my all time fast bowling attack consist of McGrath, Marshall and Lillee.
There is this Kiwi Knight who goes by the name of Sir Richard Hadlee.

Athlai

Not Terrible

Unmatched? Hadlee's is 5.0

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It's also worth noting Greg Chappell's performance in that match - given that it was a game where the bowlers utterly dominated from start to finish, his scores of 74 and 89 are incredible in context.
Chappell >>> Lillee

163 runs in that match? Unbelievable. More runs than the World XI's entire top 6! And possibly his own!
There is this Kiwi Knight who goes by the name of Sir Richard Hadlee.
Unmatched? Hadlee's is 5.0
Continuing to copy superior posters' thoughts isn't going to make you look cooler. :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
You're right, I forgot about him.

We even named the Underarm/wanker series after him.
:laugh::laugh:
Still, Lillee had much more capable backup bowlers than Hadlee, which makes his WPM figure even more impressive.
Still similar SR's though implying that he was taking the wickets anyone IMO. Swings and roundabouts argument.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Also would give some of the great South African players of the time a bit more recognition.
Just for you, a couple of the SA greats and how their numbers would change.

Barry Richards
Official Tests: 4 matches, 508 runs at 72.57 with 2 centuries
All "full internationals" including WSC and RoW: 13 matches, 1,309 runs at 56.91 with 4 centuries

Mike Procter
Official Tests: 7 matches, 226 runs at 25.11 and 41 wickets at 15.02, S/R 36.9
All "full internationals" including WSC and RoW: 16 matches, 700 runs at 33.33 and 71 wickets at 16.90, S/R 52.0

Athlai

Not Terrible

Barry Richards
All "full internationals" including WSC and RoW: 13 matches, 1,309 runs at 56.91 with 4 centuries

Mike Procter
All "full internationals" including WSC and RoW: 16 matches, 700 runs at 33.33 and 71 wickets at 16.90, S/R 52.0
Continuing to legitimize superior posters' thoughts and adding useful insight and figures isn't going to make you look cooler.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Those aren't legal and I think we all know why.

He spins urgh
Yeah I ignored him for the same reason I ignored Kumble, they spin and spinners can find it a lot easier to get higher WPM than fast bowlers, particularly if the pitches they play on are suited to spin (less spinners in the team, they bowl more overs etc...).

Teja.

Global Moderator

Barry Richards

Mike Procter
Brilliant stuff, Sean! The sharp decline in Barry's average is shocking though. I knew it would fall from 73 but I was under the impression that he the was the best batsman alongside Chappel in WSC and thought it would be somewhere around the 65-mark overall.