• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheering the Opposition

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Gayle's ton in Perth late last year was actively cheered by most of the crowd. Was awesome to watch, and when he was out in such a soft way it was pretty quiet.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Ha, nah boss. If that was the case of me following the tide, i would have supported AUS in 06/07 Ashes series when they where still in the "invincible" glory era.

I just did it for that one series for reasons i am comfortable with. Otherwise i am 100% neutral in ENG v AUS cricket matches.
fair enuff

nb i prefere ice cube over dr dre. :happy:

Sir Alex

Banned
People who thought Ponting got boo'ed badly last summer should have been at the T20 world cup match day I went to last year that was 90% India fans, and the other match going on had Pakistan in. I've never heard anything like the booing that Afridi came out to in my life. Incredible.
Did you know India's practise ball boxes were found missing that morning? :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thank you Iago.
My guess is that it's a parrot reference - ie that you were echoing what he was saying? But that's pretty obscure tstl
Haha, yup - moreorless the exact response I was expecting TBH. :p Maybe one person to not get it and another to get it and inform them. Reckoned it was obvious enough that someone would before long, though certainly not sufficiently obvious that everyone would.

dikinee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Even though I am a deeply patriotic Aussie I still admire individual brilliance no matter what nationality a player may be. All true cricket fans should revel in seeing a master of the art ply his trade. Be it a Lara or a Sachin or a Shane Bond, good cricket is good cricket and should be respected as such. KP is a prime example, I think the guy is an absolute dick but he is extremely talented cricketer and I love watching him bat when he is on song. It is just all the sweeter when it is one of your own like a Ponting or Gilchrist.