• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting - ODI Retirement?

sonia2

Banned
When do you think it's time?

He seems to be getting a little but slower, both in reactions and scoring, and I think it's time he retires to focus on Test cricket. If he retired now, he gives us time to work on a replacement before the 2011 World Cup.

However, the 2011 World Cup is something he will want to play, and probably should play in. Australia will look up to him, and when he's in form I'd like nothing more than to see him play.

Your thoughts?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Maybe the WC would give him one last adrenaline boost and he could go out with a bang. Might be aiming for the 3rd consecutive WC title. Would leave a legacy behind that might not be broken for decades.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In his 50-odd against Pakistan at Perth, he was timing the ball better than I've seen from him in ages, tbh.

dikinee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Maybe the WC would give him one last adrenaline boost and he could go out with a bang. Might be aiming for the 3rd consecutive WC title. Would leave a legacy behind that might not be broken for decades.
Punter already has three consecutive WC wins as a player. 1999, 2003, 2007.

Craig

World Traveller
Ponting has talked about maybe going on until the 2013 Ashes. No doubt England want him too as well :ph34r: