• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah good betting.

SL should romp it but if this partnership is broken with 80 needed at 6-6.5rpo, ya never know.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gustav:tendulkar's so fat he has a crane to lift him out of bed each afternoon once he's finished eating his eighteenth bowl of cereal. boy is he fat

Look we all know Cricbuzz comments are absolute trash, but that is without a doubt the weirdest **** I've ever read on a cricket website. Mainly because firstly Sachin isn't even playing.

And why is he having 18 bowls of cereal, not something you link to being obese.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Panic stations from SL!

This reminds me of their 400+ chase. You just felt this coming.

I've got break even if SL win and $40 if India win from here.

Carn boys!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dire innings from Kandamby really, especially given how many times he's been in the exact same situation against the same team lately. You'd think he'd start learning how to do it. :p

Was Randiv at six (or seven given the injury?) a planned move or is he pinch-hitting? Epically long tail if it's the former.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SL are chokers at the best of times, but this batting is so inexperienced. Cannot see them getting home now unless Samaraweera completely opens up and hits some boundaries.

Really impressed with how India have played in such situations lately. Lost the 2nd ODI vs. SL in the bilateral series but other than that they have fielded tight and bowled well when the game is there to be won.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
India paying 3.40 all of a sudden. If it didn't involve so much mental arithmetic I'd adjust my bet again. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This just makes the decision to bat Randiv ahead of Perera all the more puzzling. That's even before you look at the huge difference in their records and the fact that Perera smoked India not long ago. Obviously they were saving him for the PowerPlay, but why not just take the PowerPlay two overs earlier?

Doesn't look like it'll matter anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done SL. Perera held his nerve, but Nehra gift-wrapped the game.

Unconvincing by both teams though.

Sick of seeing these two in ODI cricket as well lol.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SL are chokers at the best of times, but this batting is so inexperienced. Cannot see them getting home now unless Samaraweera completely opens up and hits some boundaries.

Really impressed with how India have played in such situations lately. Lost the 2nd ODI vs. SL in the bilateral series but other than that they have fielded tight and bowled well when the game is there to be won.
I'll learn to shut up from now on :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll learn to shut up from now on :D
My bet365 account thanks you. :p

Anyway, really important innings for Samaraweera's ODI career. He's shown before that he can build a total by scoring an old-fashioned ODI ton (ie. starting slowly and gradually building up his strike rate to set a total) but even though he only scored at a run a ball in this innings, the key was the consistency of his strike rate - if he got out at any time his innings wouldn't have cost Sri Lanka in terms of the rate he scored at which is a problem he's had before. It was a much more 'modern' innings than his first ODI hundred and, crucially, he saw his team through perfectly barring that little blip when Kandamby came out.

It raises some questions about the first choice team though - I think he's cemented a place in all conditions for now, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with him coming in below four. I'd be tempted to open with Sanga and bat Mahela at three but Tharanga's done pretty well since his recall.. maybe Mahela can bat five?

Last edited: