• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could rewrite one event in cricket history...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You are bound to have injuries as a player. Tendulkar said in an interview with Bhogle recently on the lines that his tennis elbow was hyped too much. He said that even Kallis had a tennis elbow but not much was made of that. Every thing to do with Tendulkar has to be micro analyzed and that's a trap one should avoid falling into. I follow Tendulkar closer than perhaps any one I know but there is a subtle difference between following closely and following too closely.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm..

- South Africa vs Australia in the 70s vs WI in the 80s.

- Harold Larwood playing more test cricket after Bodyline

- Bradman ending with a career average of 100 of course.

- Australia winning in Antigua 2003 & Chennai 01.

- Both Warne & Hayden lasting until the 2009 Ashes.

- More Ind vs Pak cricket during the 90s

- Shane Bond being injury free

- 15 overs field restriction not being changed. Plus the super-sub rule being implemented in a morsensible way.

subshakerz

International Coach
I would also like to see the Australia-Pakistan test wicket given out by the umpire with Pakistan 1-0 down but Australia down and out in the test before that partnership. Was the batsman Langer or Gilchrist? My memory is hazy.
Langer off Wasim. Wasim was pretty pissed. Another memorable victory against a great team snatched away.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You are bound to have injuries as a player. Tendulkar said in an interview with Bhogle recently on the lines that his tennis elbow was hyped too much. He said that even Kallis had a tennis elbow but not much was made of that. Every thing to do with Tendulkar has to be micro analyzed and that's a trap one should avoid falling into. I follow Tendulkar closer than perhaps any one I know but there is a subtle difference between following closely and following too closely.
What trap? You're missing the woods for the trees. Its a simple answer to a simple question.

Bouncer

State Regular
India NOT avoiding Playing test series with Pak in 90's and Watching Waqar-Wasim Running into Sachin when both W's were at their prime!

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Why do you wish the injuries never occured. Injuries are bound to occur in a player's career if it is long.
Why do you wish to overturn an incorrect umpiring decision? Umpiring errors are bound to occur in matches as long as humans make the decisions.

GGG

State Captain
49.6 Chappell to McKechnie 6 runs! NZ win
Nah McKechnie takes a wild swing, the bat slips out of his hand and clouts Chappel in the face and a freak of physics causes the bat to knock his nose clean off his face.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Why do you wish to overturn an incorrect umpiring decision? Umpiring errors are bound to occur in matches as long as humans make the decisions.
You feel as if Tendulkar could have done great deeds had those injuries not occured. Fact is, in a career of over 20 years, you are bound to have injuries. It seems Tendulkar fans are never satisfied with what Tendulkar does. If a player plays for 20 years and receives a few umpiring decisions which are against him, I won't be grudging it.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
India winning WC 2003. Actually during that match there was a rain delay in the Indian innings and the commentators were talking about the match being replayed the next day. What a sad day that was.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
You feel as if Tendulkar could have done great deeds had those injuries not occured. Fact is, in a career of over 20 years, you are bound to have injuries. It seems Tendulkar fans are never satisfied with what Tendulkar does. If a player plays for 20 years and receives a few umpiring decisions which are against him, I won't be grudging it.
It is just his wish. Why bother?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India winning WC 2003. Actually during that match there was a rain delay in the Indian innings and the commentators were talking about the match being replayed the next day. What a sad day that was.
We will win it in 2011. :)