• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most promising young batsman

Who is the most promising young batsman?

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IYOO, who do you think is the most promising young (i.e. under 21) batsman?

I personally think Phil Hughes.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kraigg Brathwaite [WI]
Cheteshwar Pujara [Ind]
Phil Hughes [Aus]
Some random Saffer [Eng]:ph34r:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Umar Akmal's 19.

England have some good young batsmen coming through the ranks. Alex Hales, Sam Northeast, James Vince, Varun Chopra, Rory Hamilton-Brown and Liam Dawson spring to mind. Can see a couple of them playing for England and having real good careers, Hamilton-Brown especially, looks a real talent.

kingkallis

International Coach
Umar Akmal's 19.

England have some good young batsmen coming through the ranks. Alex Hales, Sam Northeast, James Vince, Varun Chopra, Rory Hamilton-Brown and Liam Dawson spring to mind. Can see a couple of them playing for England and having real good careers, Hamilton-Brown especially, looks a real talent.
Good to see a REAL British surname after so long.... :sleep:

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Umar Akmal's 19.

Lets not forget James Taylor who is probably the best youngster in England.

Seems to be alot of good talent about.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Interesting thread, to be totally honest I don't think are that many great young batting talents around at the moment, Pujara looks promising, very good temperament, but injuries and the continued selection of Yuvraj in the test side may hold him back. Matthews (SL) looks well organised and has a good temperament, Sharma (Ind) oozes class but his technique and temperament are too loose. In England there a few names being spoken about, e.g. Northeast, Hamilton-Brown, but neither are really setting the county scene alight. Bopara is young enough to be discussed but similarly to Sharma he has technical and temperamental issues, Cook just refuses to improve. Umar Akmal is very talented, but whether he can progress from flat track bully to proper batsman remains to be seen (his brother hasn't done it). Hughes is probably one to watch, though I'm not convinced with his technique he does seem to score an awful lot of runs. Anyone from South Africa?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting thread, to be totally honest I don't think are that many great young batting talents around at the moment, Pujara looks promising, very good temperament, but injuries and the continued selection of Yuvraj in the test side may hold him back. Matthews (SL) looks well organised and has a good temperament, Sharma (Ind) oozes class but his technique and temperament are too loose. In England there a few names being spoken about, e.g. Northeast, Hamilton-Brown, but neither are really setting the county scene alight. Bopara is young enough to be discussed but similarly to Sharma he has technical and temperamental issues, Cook just refuses to improve. Umar Akmal is very talented, but whether he can progress from flat track bully to proper batsman remains to be seen (his brother hasn't done it). Hughes is probably one to watch, though I'm not convinced with his technique he does seem to score an awful lot of runs. Anyone from South Africa?
Echoing the Canadian poster, Jonathan Vandiar and Rilee Rossouw.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Umar Akmal's 19.

Chopra has been around for sometime now and RHB, is just a pinch-hitter. A rather good one but I've not seen enough to suggest he is anything more. Talented cricketer though.

Like Northeast, carried the England U19 team and has put a few scores together for Kent whilst Vince and Hales both look more than decent.

Already mentioned but James Taylor seems to be the best of current crop. I don't like watching him bat but his doing the business for Leicestershire.