• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alan Border Baggy Green

vjstalgis

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone,

I have an Alan Border Baggy Green and unfortunately I have to let it go.
Just seeing if anyone is interested in this item?
I will be auctioning it on Ebay shortly.

Kind Regards,
Joel

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I would love to have it. How much would you sell it for and how did you get it?

vjstalgis

Cricket Spectator
Yeah I would love to have it. How much would you sell it for and how did you get it?
It actually belongs to a good friend of mine and he has enlisted me to sell it on his behalf.
I am open to reasonable offers at this stage, and if it doesn't sell in the next few weeks, it's going up on Ebay to the highest bidder. I haven't really put a price on it.

He won it years ago from an Australian memorabilia store when they had their website grand opening. The Baggy Green was the prize of a promotional competition.

It comes in glass faced timber box with Alan Border's signature. I'll get some pics up in the next few days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ebay wouldn't be the way to go mate. You should speak to Christie's or one of the other big auction houses. They generally fetch a great price.

pasag

RTDAS
Ebay wouldn't be the way to go mate. You should speak to Christie's or one of the other big auction houses. They generally fetch a great price.
Posted the same thing before I deleted it, has to be a replica. No online site would give away a real baggy green worth $20,000+

Craig

World Traveller
Why would Allan Border give away his Baggy Green anyway? I can understand past players selling their's because they need the cash, but I doubt AB is suffering financally.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why would Allan Border give away his Baggy Green anyway? I can understand past players selling their's because they need the cash, but I doubt AB is suffering financally.
I remember a time when players used to get a new Baggy Green every tour, but not sure if that was during ABs time.