• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's just not cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakester1288

International Regular
You know what I'm talking about. The IPL.

It's a waste of time.
Only the Indians like it.
It's a money grabbing scheme.
It only causes injuries.
It's not entertainment.

People take it say to seriously (eg Indians saying "OMFG YYOUUU MUUUUSSSTTTTTTT PICKKKK THIS PLAYERZ FOR AUSSIES THIS SESON CAUSE THEY HIT A SIXXER IN THE IPLL!!!111 OH AND DONT FORGET UV KING OF SIXEERRSSSS!!!!111!!!"

Bodyline was much better.

I could go on, but I wont.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Despite the slightly racist opening post, I will answer some of your statements.

It's a waste of time.
And yet international cricketers are willing to skip international duties to take part?

Well it is the Indian Premier League.

You ever been to an international cricket match? $11 for a pie and coke. Everything in cricket is about money grabbing.

It only causes injuries.
I agree. Inherent danger of crossing the road in India is slightly higher than crossing the street in Sydney.

It's not entertainment.
Television contracts >$1 billion suggests some people find this entertaining.

Shri

Mr. Glass
You know what I'm talking about. The IPL.

It's a waste of time.
It only causes injuries.
It's not entertainment.

People take it say to seriously (eg Indians saying "OMFG YYOUUU MUUUUSSSTTTTTTT PICKKKK THIS PLAYERZ FOR AUSSIES THIS SESON CAUSE THEY HIT A SIXXER IN THE IPLL!!!111 OH AND DONT FORGET UV KING OF SIXEERRSSSS!!!!111!!!"

Bodyline was much better.

I could go on, but I wont.
:mellow:...

:mellow:......

:mellow:.........

FAIL.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could've went with the traditional 'it's not as good as Test cricket,' but went straight for the racist line instead. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.