• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Youth World Cup Moved to New Zealand

Howsie

International Captain
Fair enough mate sad to see kenya lose it.
OZ team better this time watch out for superstar mitch marsh and joh hazelwood.:)
I think ireland has paul sterling so watch out for them.
Hazelwood 8-)

I don't rate him tbh, I've heard he is suppose to be 140kph but when I saw him he was high 120's all day.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
the more i dig into this, the more it stinks.

Safety by the way has nothing to do with this move (though had the pitches been pristine, it may have been the next excuse on the list). As usual with the ICC I believe this has far more to do with money.

The purported reason (8 months out) was that the ICC did not think the pitches would be ready in time. Given growing conditions in Kenya, it would take less than half of this time to prepare a pitch from scratch. Most of the work needed was on outfields and for the practice pitches rather than those to be used for the games themselves.

Andy Atkinson's report to the ICC stated that he could not be sure the grounds would be ready, that is quite different from saying they would not be. There is also word out that he was leaned on before making his report. By whom and why I am trying to find out.

Apparently the Full members were sent letters asking for volunteers to step in as alternative hosts as far back as February. This was done without Kenya being informed. Why? If there was a genuine concern at that stage, Kenya should have been informed as there would have been ample time to rectify it. Even now there still would be if that was the real concern.

Why were Kenya given to believe they would be hosting if a year before the event, the ICC had already put in motion the means to remove it from them? It would have saved a lot of money that could have gone into youth development.

It is amazing how many "no comment"s this story has generated from all sorts of people. If this decision was made for the right reasons, why is there so much evasion and secrecy?

Polo23

International Debutant
Hazelwood 8-)

I don't rate him tbh, I've heard he is suppose to be 140kph but when I saw him he was high 120's all day.
Agreed. When he came over for that masters game he hardly cracked 130km/h. Looked decent for his age, but nothing special. To put it into context, Southee was far better at a similar age.