• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yasir Arafat

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I actually don't mind Yasir TBH - his action has a fair hint of power. Nothing Donald-esque, not by a long chalque, but decent.

Obviously the rhythmical, fast flow of an Akram is better still.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually don't mind Yasir TBH - his action has a fair hint of power. Nothing Donald-esque, not by a long chalque, but decent.

Obviously the rhythmical, fast flow of an Akram is better still.
The 'though' gave the wrong impression, I do enjoy watching Yasir bowl too. Yasir's reverse swinging yorkers are good to watch. On that note, Rana Naved, when he cranks it above 140kph is a good'un to watch too with that brilliant action of his.

Bouncer

State Regular
Have always been an Arafat fan, and i agree that whatever chance he has gotten he has not been able to fulfill my expectations from him. BUT in his defense

1) He has never been given a complete series, has played 11 ODI's in 9 years on international cricket. Even after not a too bad performace in 07 T20 WC and test debute vs india, he was not part of 11 in any of the 10 games played VS ZIM and BD in early 08.

2) I am a very firm beliver that Yasir's best years were destroyed because of razzaq's ability of hitting 20+ balls of 40+ scores, twice in 15 odd ODI innings. Which not to me but for many people justified his lack of bowling abilities in post 2004 razaaq.