• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you rate Chris Gayle as a captain?

Do you rate Chris Gayle as a captain?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeh true! Fair point well made. I really don't know how this guy still makes their team. When he played a bit for Hampshire season before last including at Lords he was very poor. Has a bit of pace but nothing much else, especially not a brain
In Barbados they call him "Muscle-brain".

Matt79

Global Moderator
He is a good captain, he really believes in his players and they all know that. He doesn't have unrealistic expectations, which allows his team mates to play within themselves. He doesn't think too deeply into his plans like ponting who waste hours talking to his bowlers and still lose. His status in team make it easier for players to respond to him, unlike lara who was already a legend. How do you play to make lara happy ? chris has an easier time making his team confident, he is a star player but in a way his team can vision themself shining like him.
Vettori is an asshole of a captain, I would not want to be playing for him. He expresses way toomuch dissapointment whenever NZ does badly, clearly he doesn't have realistic goals while sitting at the bottom of the rankings. Smith is successful but I don't he is inspirational at all, just a plain boring captain. He never looks like he is in charge, just lucky he has talented players backing him up. Dhoni, he is another asshole, I have no respect for him because of his overate cheating. He is leading a team that believes they are bigger than cricket itself, very selfish putting personal milestones ahead of the spirit of cricket.
You say it's offensive to the people of the West Indies when people suggest Sobers is maybe not better than Kallis, and then come out with rubbish like this??

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He is a good captain, he really believes in his players and they all know that. He doesn't have unrealistic expectations, which allows his team mates to play within themselves. He doesn't think too deeply into his plans like ponting who waste hours talking to his bowlers and still lose. His status in team make it easier for players to respond to him, unlike lara who was already a legend. How do you play to make lara happy ? chris has an easier time making his team confident, he is a star player but in a way his team can vision themself shining like him.
Vettori is an asshole of a captain, I would not want to be playing for him. He expresses way toomuch dissapointment whenever NZ does badly, clearly he doesn't have realistic goals while sitting at the bottom of the rankings. Smith is successful but I don't he is inspirational at all, just a plain boring captain. He never looks like he is in charge, just lucky he has talented players backing him up. Dhoni, he is another asshole, I have no respect for him because of his overate cheating. He is leading a team that believes they are bigger than cricket itself, very selfish putting personal milestones ahead of the spirit of cricket.
:laugh:

As the thread states. But I don't mean as he is captain because there is no other viable option, but on the whole, compared to Daniel Vettori, Ricky Ponting, Graeme Smith, MS Dhoni etc. This is mainly for Tests, but you can include ODIs if you want.
He is comparable to a statue.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You say it's offensive to the people of the West Indies when people suggest Sobers is maybe not better than Kallis, and then come out with rubbish like this??
In my experiences, reasoning with the likes of sammy2s, bond21s, grapedos etc. is completely pointless. They just don't see reason. Just wait for the inevitable ban and either scroll past their posts in the meantime or if you're that way inclined use ignore-lists.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah I do rate him as a captain. He's been leading them from the front and some of his decisions have been pretty good aswell.