Cricket Player Manager
Page 379 of 380 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380 LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 5686

Thread: ***Official*** Australia in South Africa

And with that we end one of the most hard fought and well matched summers of cricket that I've been lucky enough to witness. It really has been a fantastic summer of cricket, moreso in the tests than the ODI games.

I really think that Smith in particular will be happy to see the back of Johnson.

I agree with both of the posts above me.

I would also like to add Brad Haddin's batting. He's had a great summer with the bat, very good to see.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Thank God Symonds is back and we don't have to put up with the mediocrity that is David Hussey anymore. At least let's hope so.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Watson to open.

Dussey to fall by the wayside, with Pup reverting to the middle order.

I think last night highlighted one of the issues with our ODI batting, no one seems to be able to go one and get big scores anymore. Our middle order has been so average since Symonds went missing. He was one of the best ever and that's becoming more clear by the day.

Hussey's knock was really, really good. 250 looked like a possibility at one stage but he stuck in there and was probably the difference between the two teams in the end, like the first match.

Great season of cricket. It's not often that you play 20 matches of cricket against an opposition and not get completely bored of their faces, but with SA I wouldn't have minded if the tour went for another month. If only the ODIs were a little bit less one sided.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Hussey's knock was really, really good. 250 looked like a possibility at one stage but he stuck in there and was probably the difference between the two teams in the end, like the first match.
    Awta. His innings actually completely transformed when he batted with the tail though. He was so nervous and edgy at the start, but when Johnson came in he seemed to forget about all the pressure and batted superbly.

Roebuck still calling him to be dropped though, aswell as Bracken. :WHEREISSARAHCONNOR:
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering Phil 'The Prince' Hughes - we will always love you

Roebuck still calling him to be dropped though, aswell as Bracken. :WHEREISSARAHCONNOR:
    Who cares what a child offender says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death
    Dumb I told him"the serpent that never dies is dead I took her life three thousend years ago! the never ending battle has ended"

Awesome Test XI

Tillekeratne Dilshan
    Simon Katich
    Ricky Ponting (c)
    Michael Hussey
    Michael Clarke
    AB de Villiers
    Brad Haddin (k)
    Daniel Vettori
    Peter Siddle
    Dong Bollinger
    Ben Hilfenhaus

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    In fairness, Nathan Bracken has had a shocking series. I wouldn't drop him yet, though.

Dropping Michael Hussey (in ODI's, anyway) is still a ridiculous thought, but dropping his brother would seem logical.

Oh, congratulations to SA. A good win for us last night, but we should've won the big moments.

Quote Originally Posted by DaRick View Post
    In fairness, Nathan Bracken has had a shocking series. I wouldn't drop him yet, though.

Dropping Michael Hussey (in ODI's, anyway) is still a ridiculous thought, but dropping his brother would seem logical.

Oh, congratulations to SA. A good win for us last night, but we should've won the big moments.
    He's got a poor record against South Africa, period. Bowled well last night though, best for sometime and he even got the ball to swing.

Aside from the 20/20 WC, there isn't much (or any) cricket South Africa now plays until the Champions Trophy. Though, Zimbabwe and India hope they will participate in a triangular tournament in the summer but none of the players and coach fancy going to Zim.

Just saw the Laughlin catch, very nice.

State Vice-Captain
    Dropping Mussey would be stupid, Dussey on the other hand should make room for Watson or Symonds. Not sure about Bracken, looked really, really out of sorts in SA, I mean I saw him bowl a few beamers! See how he goes in the IPL (should get some confidence back), don't think Clark should be in the one day side. I'd like to see Johnson and Lee opening the ODI attack, maybe Bracken as first change. Is there no one in Australia who can do what Hopes does but better? Carseldine perhaps? The biggest problem though IMO is definitely the spinner, Hauritz won't cut it and really you need 2 spinning options these days. Australia just don't have a decent mix of economy and wicket taking in the middle overs right now. What's Siddle like in limited overs?

Quote Originally Posted by oitoitoi View Post
    Not sure about Bracken, looked really, really out of sorts in SA, I mean I saw him bowl a few beamers! See how he goes in the IPL (should get some confidence back)
    No issue with Bracken. His only poor ODI series since he re-established himself in the ODI set-up in the super series. He looked almost back to himself during the 5th ODI. Even the best can have an off-time.

Overall its too early to saw, whether its a one series hiccup or the start of a slide for him.

Is there no one in Australia who can do what Hopes does but better? Carseldine perhaps?
    Whats wrong with Hopes role in the team?

The biggest problem though IMO is definitely the spinner, Hauritz won't cut it and really you need 2 spinning options these days. Australia just don't have a decent mix of economy and wicket taking in the middle overs right now. What's Siddle like in limited overs?
    Disagree. Yea the spinner spot is a problem, but in the best Australian ODI XI. A spinner is totally needed IMO:

Marsh
    Haddin
    Ponting
    Clarke
    Symonds
    M Hussey
    Watson
    Hopes
    Johnson
    Lee
    Bracken

Tait, Hauritz, Ferguson/D Hussey, Siddle knocking on the door.

But Hauritz bowled well in this ODI series, so once the pace battery is strong again. He would be very useful in a containing role. I could see him getting alot of cheap ODI wickets.

Overall once the injury woes eases, since Australia haven't fielded anything close to their best ODI team since the WI tour in 2008. Its back to buisness in ODI domination.

SA ODI side at full-strenght has nun on Australia to bloodclathhhh, look out fa the ODI side in the 20/20 WC & down in India later this year...
    Last edited by aussie; 19-04-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Disagree. Yea the spinner spot is a problem, but in the best Australian ODI XI. A spinner is totally needed IMO:

Marsh
    Haddin
    Ponting
    Clarke
    Symonds
    M Hussey
    Watson
    Hopes
    Johnson
    Lee
    Bracken

Tait, Hauritz, Ferguson/D Hussey, Siddle knocking on the door.

But Hauritz bowled well in this ODI series, so once the pace battery is strong again. He would be very useful in a containing role. I could see him getting alot of cheap ODI wickets.

Overall once the injury woes eases, since Australia haven't fielded anything close to their best ODI team since the WI tour in 2008. Its back to buisness in ODI domination.

SA ODI side at full-strenght has nun on Australia to bloodclathhhh, look out fa the ODI side in the 20/20 WC & down in India later this year...
    Siddle should be way ahead of Hopes if Hopes if playing at 8.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Not sure about Bracken, looked really, really out of sorts in SA, I mean I saw him bowl a few beamers!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    And with that we end one of the most hard fought and well matched summers of cricket that I've been lucky enough to witness. It really has been a fantastic summer of cricket, moreso in the tests than the ODI games.
    And it got us all the way to April

Nah but so agree. Two great sides going hammer and tongs over 6 tests. Had pretty much everything any cricket fan could want.

Thread Information