• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
With Human questioning Parny about the pressures of international cricket, I think Parny will pull it off. He looks more mature than most 19 year olds.

Love the prospects of Parny and Lopsy. Then again, it's not the first time the Eastern Cape has produced some good fast bowlers.
Human would be right about test cricket, as Parnell hasn't even demonstrated particularly impressive form in the first class arena (as yet) but ODI series and 20/20's are a good learning curve. Be nice if he could get a county contract but South Africa’s next test engagement isn’t until December and time that rolls around, he would have been involved in the national side for more then a year.

Just because Parnell is 19 doesn’t equate he can’t handle the pressures of international cricket. VB van Jaarsveld is 23 and in great domestic form but stick him the green of the Proteas and he becomes a deer caught in the headlights. Wayne was playing for South Africa’s U19 just after his 16th birthday so he is a pretty seasoned youngster despite what he says.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just a shame the next ODI will be decided by the toss of the coin. :dry:

Well unless whoever wins the toss gets rolled over for less than 150...

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How soon people forget that Australia just dished out an utter thrashing just two days ago.

This is the strongest side that Aus can field with Symonds out of the equasion:

Marsh
Haddin
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey M
Ferguson
Hopes
Johnson
Hauritz
Bracken
Hilfenhaus/Lee/Siddle/another quick.

Seriously, D Hussey has been a huge disappointment at international level. Mainly because he's only been mediocre rather than excellent (which is what I would expect from someone with his domestic record).

Ferguson has proven that he's a talented long term pick. Despite my expectations both Marsh and Haddin have been very good opening. With Johnson and Hopes at 7 and 8 I'm not too worried about the lower order. It's the top order I'm concerned about, particularly Ponting, Clarke and Hussey M. All three have had patchy form over the last year or so and that is most concerning for 2011. I would expect Clarke to strike back, but Ponting and Hussey may be on a permanent decline.

Evermind

International Debutant
North deserves a shot imo. Get The Prince in there aswell, obvs.
There is already one Prince - he belongs to SA. Get Phil "I look like I'm having a seizure but that's just my batting" Hughes a new nickname.

How about The Seizure?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, form's a little tough to pick. Both sides have delivered an absolute hiding to each other. I guess SA slightly in front because their result wasn't delivered as much by the toss but far out, it's been rare to see one side lose by so much in match 1 only to come back and spank the oppo right in the chops.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hughes
Marsh
Haddin (wk)
Ponting (capt)
Watson
North
Hussey
Heal
Johnson
Bracken
Siddle

:wub:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson, Ponting, M Hussey, Pup, Haddin should be rested for the Pakistan series without a doubt.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
New drinking game. Take a shot if the woman commentator says the following words:

definitely
absolutely
fantastic

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
You know I actually thought she wasn't too bad, I remember sky sports or channel 4 tried a female commentator out a few years back and she was awful. Definitely better than Mark Nicholas, hell listening to a KKK hate speech would be better.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
the Aussies have other problems with their ODI team.what happened to Marsh and Warner.I dont think you should be opening with Haddin and Clarke.