Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weds Lightening Draft

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Makes it a very short tail, TBH.
    True, didn't phrase that very well - it will feel like a long tail when you're bowling to Procter and Knott at 8 and 9...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Im over the moon with my team.

I got 2 of what I would consider the top 3 cricketers in history (Grace and Sobers), as well as one of the top 5 batsmen in history in Headley.

I got the batsman/keeper I wanted in Ames and Im excited that I got the only 2 genuine express fast bowlers available in Larwood and Tyson.

Id love to see this team play as it is stacked with blue-chippers. My 2nd tier players may be the weakness ir Bland, Morris etc but they were all selected for a reason.

I love my team, though all 4 are very good.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Anyone keen to simulate the matches like G.I.Joe did for the Thursday Speed draft?

Just on the side, how nice was it to complete this entire draft without the constant 30 minute interruptions like last time. Resulted in an extremely swift process.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    The best part of this draft was that no one picked the myth Victor Trumper.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Im over the moon with my team.

I got 2 of what I would consider the top 3 cricketers in history (Grace and Sobers), as well as one of the top 5 batsmen in history in Headley.

I got the batsman/keeper I wanted in Ames and Im excited that I got the only 2 genuine express fast bowlers available in Larwood and Tyson.

Id love to see this team play as it is stacked with blue-chippers. My 2nd tier players may be the weakness ir Bland, Morris etc but they were all selected for a reason.

I love my team, though all 4 are very good.
    In the various drafts, you've consistently chosen very interesting teams that are not only sure to be competitive, but have included some great picks based on personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    The best part of this draft was that no one picked the myth Victor Trumper.
    Damn nearly did - he was slated for Walters spot at 5 until I decided I wanted someone who could be a fourth seam bowler if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Damn nearly did - he was slated for Walters spot at 5 until I decided I wanted someone who could be a fourth seam bowler if required.
    TBH it was either him or Barlow. went for Barlow for same reason as Walters. I think Morris and Simpson were the only other top line openers left at the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    In the various drafts, you've consistently chosen very interesting teams that are not only sure to be competitive, but have included some great picks based on personal preferences.
    The great thing about such a wide time period is that there is so much out there. Also as we didnt see these guys play then we each have our own pictures of them.

These preferences are what make it interesting. I love having Tyson and Larwood. That has made the entire draft for me. Im sure others have their own picks they are stoked about.

As for simming, it would be great but I (and Im sure others) didnt pick the players with a sim in mind. Grace and Larwood will be made to look like 3rd rate players. Im all for a sim, just dont expect me to hold much importance on the results

TBH the only players I would replace from my side would be. Hutton for Barlow. Hobbs and Hutton how awsome would that be. Headley for Hammond. Worrell for Barrington. And either Tyson or Demon for Bedser. Though I do like having Hammond, Barrington and Bedser in the side.

Best of the rest
    Simpson
    Morris
    Dexter
    McCabe
    Trumper
    Engineer
    Pollock, P
    Grimmett
    Adcock
    Hall
    CTB Turner

Monty Noble instead of Turner. The side needs an all rounder and there none better then Monty.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information