• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When will South Africa play Sri Lanka in a test series again?

P.S Not a troll

Last time it was a humiliation put on display by the record partnership of 634 by Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara. SA were bowled out for 163 initially and SL declared at 735-5. SL went on to win the test series although the second test was very close but SL managed to hold on to one of the highest run chases in history. I'm aware that they had cancelled the SL tour a while ago, and i hope they didn't use the LTTE excuse again when they have no interest of killing foreigners. Do they want to conserve Steyn's record or is it the trauma of the record partnership that forced them to neglect the Sri Lankans? It's a shame as the SL board is financially broke and to witness these "powerful" nations that claim to be the best when they can't face up to their demons.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That South African team that toured is so different to the current one its not even funny. Would be a good series if SA went there again though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka has to tour the Republic first. They haven’t toured in years and when they did unlike South Africa who went to Sri Lanka minus Smith and Kallis their full strength side was manshamed. Also why would Steyn be scared? Already has test Michelle against them. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it. :)

john18

Cricket Spectator
Yeah but South Africa are an improved team now and would kick sri lanka sorry ass right now. They have one of the best batting lineups and one of the best pace attack.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
When was this, mid-2006? A few months after the big Aussie retirements and when Australia were still somewhat comfortably the world's best?

Yeah, times change, trolly mctroll. Precamb, anyone?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
It'd be an interesting series but I don't think Sri Lanka have that much to be confident about. South Africa are a very strong side.

Give him a break, it was his first tour of the subcontinent. And he took a five-for in the next match, so it was hardly a complete failure.
True but he failed to take a wicket in the second innings and SL were eventual winners. We should be confident about beating Pakistan, we have won a test series there before.

When was this, mid-2006? A few months after the big Aussie retirements and when Australia were still somewhat comfortably the world's best?

Yeah, times change, trolly mctroll. Precamb, anyone?
That's my point, why don't SA have the balls to play us? Why did they cancel their tour or why don't they invite us to play them?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That's my point, why don't SA have the balls to play us? Why did they cancel their tour or why don't they invite us to play them?
They cancelled a one day series; they had already finished playing the tests after a bomb went off close to their hotel in a shopping area frequented by tourists.

Better luck next time. 8-)

What tour?
There was an SA tour in SL scheduled in 2009 but it was cancelled eight months ago due to securirty issues. Possibly Arjuna's influence over the negotiations had an impact on this but the SL board removed him now (thank god!). India toured SL during last year and they arrived unharmed, now SA have no adequate excuse to avoid touring us in the future.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
There was an SA tour in SL scheduled in 2009 but it was cancelled eight months ago due to securirty issues. Possibly Arjuna's influence over the negotiations had an impact on this but the SL board removed him now (thank god!). India toured SL during last year and they arrived unharmed, now SA have no adequate excuse to avoid touring us in the future.
Do you have a link/any articles on that?

Flem274*

123/5
l;sdkjsegz;zsdl'zs'mzsegnm'S?ZDfn';/ZSDfmz/fmzsF/zsfm/fmA?""fm'?:AFma/SFASDFm/AS?DF,ASFASF,l'asf,.asdf,

Spammy spammy spam spam spammy spammy spam spam spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A SL-SA series would be good, but you'll just have to wait until it is sheduled, Mr Troll.