• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where's Blackers?

Cloete

International Captain
just wonering, i haven't heard ANYTHING about blackwell for a while now. what's happening with him?? how's he going?? and is he still on the fringe of england?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Told to clean up his act I believe by the selectors - his performances haven't been the greatest this season, but I'd still prefer him in the side to a certain Surrey "all-rounder"...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I'd still prefer him in the side to a certain Surrey "all-rounder"...
I think you're mistaken Marc. Adam Hollioake isn't in the England side. ;)

Or maybe you're referring to Mahmood? That's Pakistan. :P Surely I can't think of who else it could be.....:rolleyes:

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Catch of the Day??

Rikki Clarke took a wicket yesterday with a wide ball that swung further away and which one of batsmen slashed to backward point. It was travelling like a rocket and Vikram Solanki took a stunning catch. It was over his head and he heapt and bagged it like a goalkeeper.
It is ironic that the one thing that Vaughan has been criticised for in the last year has been his fielding and his brief reign has seen so sensational England fielding. They really are on the money. Anderson was class but my oh my, Marcus Trescothick was on another planet. Those upper cuts over the slips really did get up the nose of the 95mph crew. I stayed up to watch the highlights past midnight and very glad I did. Best cricket I've watched in ages :D

Sadly Somerset are now out of the next stages unless they beat Gloucs and aim for best placed second spot (very unlikely!) Still Gazzard has proved a thing or two while Mr Turner must now have food for thought.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember Gayle taking on Akhtar and Waqar in Sharjah last year (?) with fantastic uppercuts and clubs over cover. It was quite sensational!