• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England vs Pakistan, NatWest Challenge Thread

Kimbo

International Debutant
oh my, that was the best bloody day of my life i swear...

will pass on some photos to the site when i get sent the cd of my pics. i took over a hundred, should be interesting.

wasn't trescothick brilliant, his six to third man landed about 2 metres from me. if i hadnt had my head in the camera i might have caught it, but its hard to get out of the tangle with the tripod etc...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What can't Anderson do?? Next - a Test double hundred....maybe not.:) Good job by that Yorkshire prospect, what's his name.....Gough.

Tough luck for Troughton. :(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Mediocre England (With all class players retired) vs. Mediocre Pakistan (with all class players dropped)
With the benefit of hindsight, i wouldn't say England were mediocre today!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James said:
Wow - now that would be superb Kim! :O :O :O

Send them through to james.nixon@cricketweb.net

Look forward to receiving a huge email from you :)
If we can get someone at Lord's we should be able to have a full set.

I notice that Lords announced today that they will not allow Drums, Horns or Flags into the ground.

Thank God the Twenty20 final isn't there!

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I notice that Lords announced today that they will not allow Drums, Horns or Flags into the ground.

Thank God the Twenty20 final isn't there!
What's wrong with making some noise. It adds to the atmostphere. It got nothing to do with crowd trouble

Cloete

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
What's wrong with making some noise. It adds to the atmostphere. It got nothing to do with crowd trouble
is this aimed at Lord's or at Marc?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vishnureddy said:
This is Lords dear boy - we cannot have ther member's sleep interupted.

PY

International Coach
Sunil Havascar said:
wasn't trescothick brilliant, his six to third man landed about 2 metres from me. if i hadnt had my head in the camera i might have caught it, but its hard to get out of the tangle with the tripod etc...
Which side were you where it landed? Finer or further round, couldn't see you first time but there's shed loads of cameramen/women around there.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Which side were you where it landed? Finer or further round, couldn't see you first time but there's shed loads of cameramen/women around there.
Yeah I was watching the slo-mo on the highlights to see if I could see her, but it was all old men...:rolleyes:

hmmmm :saint:

Rich2001

International Captain
Sunil Havascar[/i][b] wasn't trescothick brilliant said:

I thought I saw a younger person slightly finer, was you sitting behind a red advertsing board, Voadfone one was it?

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
To be honest if I was going id be quite happy, especially about the whistle and horn thing. last year at trent bridge, in the test match against India, a fan had one of those whistles and frankly after an hour i was ready to have serious words.i mean they are so annoying its untrue. luckily for me another frustrated spectator and more portly gentleman told the offender if he didnt stop the use of his whistle, he may have lost it in his behind.i dont mind atmosphere, im all in favour of it, just no whistles and horns please.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Good strong comeback by England in the second match. Pakistani Inexperience won the race this time around.

Should be a good game on sunday. I'll dutifully tip Pakistan! :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm backing England still :)

I know what you mean about the airhorns, I was sitting next to a girl with TWO at the Brands Hatch CART/BTCC Raceday on May Bank Holiday. I was this far from doing as the aforementioned portly gentleman did, but fortunately her family's attention span lasted about 30 laps of the 159-lap race. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Didn't need spectators to flood the pitch this time. Heavy overnight rain.

The match is delayed an hour.

Ho hum.