• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket team draft

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1.01 chaminda_00 - Muttiah Muralitharan
1.02 G.I. Joe - Don Bradman
1.03 NUFAN - Gary Sobers
1.04 HeathDavisSpeed - Curtly Ambrose
1.05 Somerset - Shane Warne
1.06 Jakester1288 - Richard Hadlee
1.07 Jamee999 - Malcom Marshall
1.08 Raghav - Wasim Akram
1.09 Simon - Adam Gilchrist
1.10 Matt79 - Imran Khan
1.11 Michaelf7777777 - Keith Miller
1.12 morgieb - Viv Richards
1.13 pskov - Jack Hobbs

2.01 pskov - Glenn McGrath
2.02 morgieb - Dennis Lillee
2.03 Michaelf7777777 - Alan Davidson
2.04 Matt79 - Bill O'Reilly
2.05 Simon - Clarrie Grimmett
2.06 Raghav - Alan Border
2.07 Jamee999 - Joel Garner
2.08 Jakester1288 - up next
2.09 Somerset - George Headley
2.10 HeathDavisSpeed - Frank Tyson
2.11 NUFAN - Fred Trueman
2.12 G.I. Joe - up next
2.13 chaminda_00 -

pskov

International 12th Man
Is somebody actually going to simulate a series after the draft, or is this exercise just for the sake of enjoyment?
A forum vote for sure then someone else can sim a tournament if they want, or I'll see if I can organise one myself.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I amazed that not one South African has made the list yet. 24 players chosen so far.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we say if someone misses 3 picks they are cut from the comp and their players come on the market again or something?

pskov

International 12th Man
Can we say if someone misses 3 picks they are cut from the comp and their players come on the market again or something?
I think once people have started selecting the teams if they drop out for whatever reason then they should be replaced with their team intact for the person taking over to continue. Otherwise it would be confusing and also quite unfair to drop players back into the pool so that whoever was fortunate to be picking at the time could select, say, Richard Hadlee or Viv Richards in the 6th round or something.

Simon

Very surprised by that pick! :blink: There are a lot of players I'd have to go through before picking Shane Bond.
could be tactical, maybe his aim is to win any sim that is done. Sure his all-time reputation etc... isnt up there with Kapil Dev, Jeff Thompson and other guys like that but he is likely to perform better than then in a sim.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Very surprised by that pick! :blink: There are a lot of players I'd have to go through before picking Shane Bond.
I'm going for a mix of legends and personal favourites. He's been absolute gold on the few occasions I've caught him bowling live. Plus, as mentioned by Simon, I'd like to be prepared for any sim.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think if the SIM was accurate Shane Bond would be injured before the match.

I don't plan on picking anyone with less than double the number of Test Matches he's played.

Anyone can have a good stretch..

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I think if the SIM was accurate Shane Bond would be injured before the match.

I don't plan on picking anyone with less than double the number of Test Matches he's played.

Anyone can have a good stretch..
Imo his performances against Australia and India were proof enough of his quality. I'm easy, my standards are lower, but then even I'd refuse to pick a guy with around half of Bond's tests, be it someone of even the calibre of Mike Proctor :ph34r: So, fair call there.

Simon

I have no problems with any of the selections anyone makes within the rules really. I'll most likely pick one or two players later on that I liked and appreciated that probably arent as good as others that will get picked after in all reality.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Imo his performances against Australia and India were proof enough of his quality. I'm easy, my standards are lower, but then even I'd refuse to pick a guy with around half of Bond's tests, be it someone of even the calibre of Mike Proctor :ph34r: So, fair call there.
He was brilliant in ODIs against both Australia and India but I'd have thought we were picking for the long format?

Bond in tests vs Australia:
3 wickets @ 96.33

Bond in tests vs India:
12 wickets @ 16.33

Note that the two matches vs India were on green tops where neither side passed 100 in the first innings at Hamilton and fared only marginally better in the first test in Wellington. Just thought it was an interesting reasoning to pick Bond when you consider he wasn't hugely successful in his debut test series against Australia, and then never played a test against them again, and never played a test vs India on a decent surface.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
He was brilliant in ODIs against both Australia and India but I'd have thought we were picking for the long format?

Bond in tests vs Australia:
3 wickets @ 96.33

Bond in tests vs India:
12 wickets @ 16.33

Note that the two matches vs India were on green tops where neither side passed 100 in the first innings at Hamilton and fared only marginally better in the first test in Wellington. Just thought it was an interesting reasoning to pick Bond when you consider he wasn't hugely successful in his debut test series against Australia, and then never played a test against them again, and never played a test vs India on a decent surface.
I'm just clutching at straws here :ph34r: If the general perception is that the choice wasn't exactly in the spirit of the exercise, I'm willing to alter it.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just clutching at straws here :ph34r: If the general perception is that the choice wasn't exactly in the spirit of the exercise, I'm willing to alter it.
I don't think anyone's got any complaints about your choice, you're welcome to choose whoever you want I'm sure, I was just intrigued at your reasoning behind selecting Bond.