• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you think the best bowlers are at present??

Evermind

International Debutant
Zaheer's biggest problem is that he plays most of his matches in India where conditions aren't really conducive to his style of bowling at all, he has neither the pace or bounce to trouble top class batsmen on the slow surfaces and relies very much on swing (new ball and reverse). If he played for England, New Zealand (well maybe not with these pitches...) or even South Africa he'd probably have much better stats. He's basically a better version of Sidebottom, who was pretty impotent in the subcontinent too I believe. If he had another 10kmph consistently (quite an ask!) he'd be much more dangerous on the flat decks. That said I was very impressed with his bouncer in the last test.

Regarding Ishant and Flintoff, I think they have different problems. Ishant still slips in the odd 4 ball a bit too often and his spells can vary from unplayable to pretty pedestrian. Flintoff on the other hand is consistent, however his length is also consistently too short. His back of a length style looks great and is difficult to get away but it rarely gets bags of wickets because he doesn't get the batsmen driving, as my coach used to tell me as a kid, you've got to pitch the ball up!
Zaheer myth