• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MS Dhoni as a test wicketkeeper

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know, I wasn't. I was saying that Gilchrist was proven as an opener and was not that good at lower-order hitting; Dhoni is proven as a lower-order hitter (and rebuilder, and over-the-line guider) and has not done the opening job.

And I was saying that there are quite a few better ODI openers than Gilchrist (Tendulkar, Lara [possibly], Mark Waugh, Saeed Anwar, Ganguly, Knight, Jayasuriya, Gayle [possibly], Smith - one could even argue a case for Kirsten and Astle) and very, very few better at the lower-order role than Dhoni. So hence, should Dhoni keep-up his form of the last 3 years for the next 4 or 5, I'd have no hesitation in picking him ahead of Gilchrist for a 1990s-onwards ODI XI.
Yeah, wasn't directed at you, just a general point.

I'd probably have Dhoni as my keeper already, given the strength of the other openers. Haven't really thought about it.