• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
You mean like McIntosh is?

8-)

Plus when he inevitably fails we can hold up signs punning on his initials.

BS Wilson turns into BULL **** WILSON

Flem274*

123/5
The guy who was stepping away to leg against Bond because he was afraid of the pace?
Ha he did it like once. Its not a regular occurrance, otherwise when I listen to domestic cricket (which despite what it looks atm I do quite often :p) the commentators would be taking the piss outa him.

Plus McIntosh comfortable against pace? "Oh **** a bouncer, where is it? I know, I'll play a half arsed pull shot and hope it works."

McIntosh does deserve at least the series though, he did score a lucky hundred after all.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Of course you do, along with Rob Nicol eh?
Yes,.

I think Nicol is a good player but not good enough to really hold down a spot in the middle order with Taylor, Ryder and such around. His only real chance I think would be try an opening spot, or hope for a rash of injuries.

In regard to your point. I dont think having a middle order player open is a good thing. But there doesnt seem to be any other openers around that are going to do well at international level, and somebody has to do it. Watling is OK but he would seem to be in the How, Bell, Cumming group. I have never liked McIntosh.

Justin Langer was another one that moved up from 3 to become a good opener. Maybe thats why I think Flynn may do well there as he kinda reminds me of Langer.

Polo23

International Debutant
Ha he did it like once. Its not a regular occurrance, otherwise when I listen to domestic cricket (which despite what it looks atm I do quite often :p) the commentators would be taking the piss outa him.

Plus McIntosh comfortable against pace? "Oh **** a bouncer, where is it? I know, I'll play a half arsed pull shot and hope it works."

McIntosh does deserve at least the series though, he did score a lucky hundred after all.
I never mentioned McIntosh.

And he did it for 3 balls if I recall correctly. The first one he missed, the second he squeezed away through point and the 3rd knocked over his off pole.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why don't we just open with Flynn if McIntosh fails ?
Ignoring the obvious problems that opening the batting with an inexperienced middle order batsman actually bring, your reserve #3 batsman at the moment, according to the selectors, is.... Jamie How.

It's not like you have an abundance of middle order batsmen at the moment either. The selectors have actually identified an opener as your next best batsman overall so I dare say it'll be How that opens if McIntosh fails.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Ignoring the obvious problems that opening the batting with an inexperienced middle order batsman actually bring, your reserve #3 batsman at the moment, according to the selectors, is.... Jamie How.

It's not like you have an abundance of middle order batsmen at the moment either. The selectors have actually identified an opener as your next best batsman overall so I dare say it'll be How that opens if McIntosh fails.
Yeah most probably. I'm not a huge Jamie How fan atm and would like to see Broom/Pinga come in ahead of him. When does Myburgh get residency ?

Flem274*

123/5

Broom
Hay
Fulton
Myburgh
Williamson (if he was 23 he'd be in the squad with his record)
Sinclair

They're the only likely test class middle order bats not in the squad. If Kitchensink keeps scoring rapid hundreds he might join that list.

Huge time for Jamie How now.

On Pinga: He's a slightly better (and consistent) McIntosh if I'm honest, but if McIntosh is allowed a test century then its only fair Pinga gets one, just one is all I ask. :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Broom
Hay
Fulton
Myburgh
Williamson (if he was 23 he'd be in the squad with his record)
Sinclair

They're the only likely test class middle order bats not in the squad. If Kitchensink keeps scoring rapid hundreds he might join that list.

Huge time for Jamie How now.

On Pinga: He's a slightly better (and consistent) McIntosh if I'm honest, but if McIntosh is allowed a test century then its only fair Pinga gets one, just one is all I ask. :(
I'm aware of all that.

I was just pointing out that opening with Flynn would be circular logic as Flynn's backup for his #3 positions appears to be another opener anyway.