• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
Race to open

Scores thus far

TG McIntosh 140, 9, 1, 8
RA Jones 28, 22, 5, 25
TD Astle 0, 23, 1, 26
MHW Papps 14, 26, 16, 40
BJ Watling 21, 10*
CJ Merchant 0, 14*
GH Worker 24, 27
PJ Ingram 37, 1
MD Bell 146
JM Brodie 40
CD Cumming 85
HD Rutherford 0

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Doesnt it irk you that Doug Bracewell made his debut before you?
Immensely.

I can swing it both ways, depending on the conditions.

Greg's a bit of a strange one. He only bowls mid 120s so can't see him being a deadly force if he gets to the next level. He has some serious issues with his batting technique, but is a hard worker so I'm sure he'll sort those out soon enough.

If I had to guess, I'd say that me, him and Colin Munro are the next 3 in line for a call up. I'm genuinely not sure in which order though.:wacko:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wagner bowling well again in the second innings for Otago, 3-28 from 12.

Polo23

International Debutant
Immensely.

I can swing it both ways, depending on the conditions.

Greg's a bit of a strange one. He only bowls mid 120s so can't see him being a deadly force if he gets to the next level. He has some serious issues with his batting technique, but is a hard worker so I'm sure he'll sort those out soon enough.

If I had to guess, I'd say that me, him and Colin Munro are the next 3 in line for a call up. I'm genuinely not sure in which order though.:wacko:
I'll come watch your debut at Eden Park and shout out abuse when you bowl poorly...i'll be the guy getting ******ed from the premisis by security :laugh:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Race to open

Scores thus far

TG McIntosh 140, 9, 1, 8
RA Jones 28, 22, 5, 25
TD Astle 0, 23, 1, 26
MHW Papps 14, 26, 16, 40
BJ Watling 21, 10*
CJ Merchant 0, 14*
GH Worker 24, 27
PJ Ingram 37, 1
MD Bell 146
JM Brodie 40
CD Cumming 85
HD Rutherford 0
Redmond won't be going anywhere with domestic form like this. I really can't see Bell getting another lifeline while McIntosh..after a good start will slide away as the season continues.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I'll come watch your debut at Eden Park and shout out abuse when you bowl poorly...i'll be the guy getting ******ed from the premisis by security :laugh:
Haha I look forward to it! I don't think anything could dampen my mood on that day.:laugh:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If you happen to get a call up, we may as well do an interview for Radio Sport..it will be better than the usual voice of a coach.

Polo23

International Debutant
If you get a callup we should organise a "Jimmy Neesham for BlackCaps" group from cricketweb to go to the game to support, it would be pretty gay, but probably pretty funny also.

Flem274*

123/5
Central won! Woohoo!

We could make that a thread on Cricketweb "Neesham for Black Caps" if/when he gets his domestic call up.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Haha thanks :)

So anyways, back into it. Rumours around SNLCC are that Tuffey's been drafted straight back into the Aces for their next game.

Polo23

International Debutant
Makes sense. I'd guess Bond will come in for Canterbury (they desperately need him) also. I wonder if Vincent will make an appearence from the Aces some time this season. Adams playing at all? You'd think he'd be picked ahead of Tuffey if he was available.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We let them play domestic cricket I thought. The player's association got all pissy when they tried to make them stop. Pretty gun IMO.

Unless I'm mistaken and they can't, that'd suck.