• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is 20twenty matches helpful for Future cricketers ?

Bijay

Banned
Now a days lots of 20twenty matches are being played .Some says it will destroy the 50-50 matches.Will this 20Twenty matches take place 50 over matches ? How the new comer settle themselves in this very limited over matches ?Lets see how long the 50 over matches will last ?what about the IPL,ICl,ECL,PCl,or Australian cricket league ?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Now a days lots of 20twenty matches are being played .Some says it will destroy the 50-50 matches.Will this 20Twenty matches take place 50 over matches ? How the new comer settle themselves in this very limited over matches ?Lets see how long the 50 over matches will last ?what about the IPL,ICl,ECL,PCl,or Australian cricket league ?
I hope not. As much as I am a fan of Cricket, I really don't like Twenty20. It is alright if each team plays three a year at the maximum. I like seeing a Test series, followed by an ODI tri-series. That is what I like to see, and with Twenty20 Cricket taking over, I think we will see less and less of it in the coming years.

thomson2008

Cricket Spectator
T20 would have had a reasonable future as a novelty, attracting fans who were unlikely to go to first class or one-day matches, but I fear the overexposure of T20 through the IPL will kill the goose that laid the golden egg, so to speak.

theoneofalltime

Cricket Spectator
its like a celerbration at the end o the series in aussie series test the odi and a couple of T20 at the end its a nice end to the series i think. but i wont take over odi's