• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My take on Mitchell Johnson

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He'll be all but 27 by the time Australia next play serious Test cricket, won't he?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eh?

What's the time Bangladesh may or may not ever play serious Test cricket to do with anything?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Eh?

What's the time Bangladesh may or may not ever play serious Test cricket to do with anything?
Johnson is 26 as far as I'm concerned and will be until his birthday. That's my take on Mitchell Johnson.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, yeah, obviously he is - but he'll be nearly 27 by the time Australia next play serious Test cricket so we might as well talk of him as being 27. I know he's not at the time of this post, but the time of this post is less significant than the time he next plays.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, yeah, obviously he is - but he'll be nearly 27 by the time Australia next play serious Test cricket so we might as well talk of him as being 27. I know he's not at the time of this post, but the time of this post is less significant than the time he next plays.
Not obviously at all - he's closer to 27 than 26. If you are going to say one of the other - 27 is more accurate.

Why the **** am I debating this? :laugh:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He's only 26 btw..
He's like four months from 27.

I round up.
He'll be all but 27 by the time Australia next play serious Test cricket, won't he?
Perhaps so does that mean Mohammed Ashraful is around 64? :dry:
Eh?

Johnson is 26 as far as I'm concerned and will be until his birthday. That's my take on Mitchell Johnson.
Does is really ****ing matter??!!??!
Not really, no.
Not obviously at all - he's closer to 27 than 26. If you are going to say one of the other - 27 is more accurate.

Why the **** am I debating this? :laugh:

Don't forget to check the Independent on Sunday to see if they steal any quotes from this conversation.

Julian87

State Captain
My take on Johnson is Australia need to drop him for the better bowler Bollinger from the test side quick snap.

irfan

State Captain
WTH. I honestly thought he was like 21-22 maybe 23 max when he played vs England. He also looked really good (or maybe that was just Englands batsmen making him look good).
Australian cricket players under 25 don't exist unless they are exceptional.

Spinksy

Banned
Australia's line up for the 2008/09 season should look like this in my opinion:

1. Phil Jaques
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting (c)
4. Michael Hussey
5. Michael Clarke (vc)
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Brad Haddin (wk)
8. Ashley Noffke
9. Brett Lee
10. Stuart Clark
11. Doug Bollinger

Australia don't have a good spinner, so I will rely on Michael Clarke and Andrew Symonds to help fill he spinners role.
Nah....

1. Phil Jaques
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting (c)
4. Michael Hussey
5. Michael Clarke (vc)
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Brad Haddin (wk)
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Brett Lee
10. Stuart Clark
11. Doug Bollinger

12. Ashley Noffke

Julian87

State Captain
Nah....

1. Phil Jaques
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting (c)
4. Michael Hussey
5. Michael Clarke (vc)
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Brad Haddin (wk)
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Brett Lee
10. Stuart Clark
11. Doug Bollinger

12. Ashley Noffke

If Australia were to play four quicks, Noffke would be one of the four picked. Johnson and Bollinger won't play in the same side I don't reckon, unless injury forces it.