• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread

howardj

International Coach
kears_falcon_9 said:
In the years to come people are talking about a change up to the Aussie team and it WILL happen, what about Symonds and Watson both in the team (obviously with form and fitness permitting) i think they can both make a spot for themselves. Not at the moment but in the years to come there might be room.
Only if Australia are looking for a number six who averages under 20 with the bat, and bowls 6-8 overs per innings, can I see a spot opening up for Symonds in the Test team. Symonds has never been a great FC player, let alone a serviceable Test player. And there's no shame in that. Hell, many players would be happy to be one of the most valuable ODI players in World cricket - as he clearly is. A cultured Test player he is not. Rather, he's a wild brumby who will never be tamed.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Not at the moment, but when Australia lose their two biggest wicket-taking weapons over the last the decade pretty soon, the balance of the attack will need rethinking & that's where once Watto lives up to his hige potential his great importance will be.
By that time Mosies would have jumped ahead of both of them, unless he has injury run like Watson.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
QLD won't be in the field for long tomorrow to wrap up the outright against S.A with only 2 wickets needed for victory.

Wonderful game for Hopes. Runs & wickets.

Not sure S.A. can persist with Cullen for much longer. Yet another match without a wicket.

EDIT: Still playing and now 9 wickets down...could have victory tonight :D

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Yep brilliant game for Hopes so far, doing his chances of getting into the ODI no harm

And Gillespie, the big forgotten man brillant also..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
By that time Mosies would have jumped ahead of both of them, unless he has injury run like Watson.
Both Henriques and Watson in the same team would be good though..

Mister Wright

aussie said:
Both Henriques and Watson in the same team would be good though..
Henriques has to play first class cricket before he'll ever be considered for test cricket. Just can't get on the park atm either through not getting selected or injury.

Perm

Good to see Dizzy back in the wickets, 10WM is very impressive just a shame that it didn't come a month ago.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Henriques has to play first class cricket before he'll ever be considered for test cricket. Just can't get on the park atm either through not getting selected or injury.
His injuried, he would walk back into our pace attack and everyone we have tried at 7 has done nothing.

NSW really do suck bad this season, got no pace attack and their batting line has no depth. Going to be a very long season one feels and its going to get worse when Bracken and maybe Katich or Jaques make the ODI squad. Personally i hope they don't make we really need all the guys on deck this season.

Mister Wright

chaminda_00 said:
His injuried, he would walk back into our pace attack and everyone we have tried at 7 has done nothing.

NSW really do suck bad this season, got no pace attack and their batting line has no depth. Going to be a very long season one feels and its going to get worse when Bracken and maybe Katich or Jaques make the ODI squad. Personally i hope they don't make we really need all the guys on deck this season.
Do you reckon Stuart Clark will be a chance for the Commonwealth Bank Series? That could further weaken the attack with McGrath, Lee & Bracken certainties.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Do you reckon Stuart Clark will be a chance for the Commonwealth Bank Series? That could further weaken the attack with McGrath, Lee & Bracken certainties.
I had him as a certainty as well, due to his Test form.

brockley

International Captain
I am not too worried if clark and brakken make the one day side,chance to play new blood,also bollinger and henriques due back soon.A chance to find the next champion nsw have a lot of promising youngsters unlike some states.
SA 5 games 4 points and a loss of 300 runs.These averages will certainly bother sa selectors elliot 22,harris 33,borgas 26,fergurson 26,cosgrove 31.
Look likes has beens cameron,luke williams,adcock,jack smith and the young ken skewes will get a run soon.
Doubt blewitt will be recalled he has been told to pack his bags,elliot this is his 3rd poor pura cup season,must be the end of him now unless he only plays one dayers.

Mister Wright

brockley said:
I am not too worried if clark and brakken make the one day side,chance to play new blood,also bollinger and henriques due back soon.A chance to find the next champion nsw have a lot of promising youngsters unlike some states.
SA 5 games 4 points and a loss of 300 runs.These averages will certainly bother sa selectors elliot 22,harris 33,borgas 26,fergurson 26,cosgrove 31.
Look likes has beens cameron,luke williams,adcock,jack smith and the young ken skewes will get a run soon.
Doubt blewitt will be recalled he has been told to pack his bags,elliot this is his 3rd poor pura cup season,must be the end of him now unless he only plays one dayers.
Cullen's spot in the South Australian Pura Cup side should also be under scrutiny. He has 4 wickets @ 87.5 from with an economy of 4.05 for the season and 87 @ 42.49 with an ecomony 3.25 for his career.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Blewett - gone. Still contracted for more years, but SA will be looking to transfer him to another state. I think Elliott still has one more year on his contract.

Mister Wright

vic_orthdox said:
Blewett - gone. Still contracted for more years, but SA will be looking to transfer him to another state. I think Elliott still has one more year on his contract.
Blewett was in the commentary box for the S.A. v QLD one dayer and he said that the South Australian selectors have told him no matter how many runs he scores in grade cricket he will not be selected again for South Australia. He also said South Australia have sent a letter to Cricket Australia to inform them that Blewett can approach or be approached by another state. Blewett said he still wants to play first class and List-A cricket and is looking for a new state.