• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who should be kicked out of England ODI team?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Because journeymen cricketers (which far more of those who've moved counties are) are virtually never international-class. I've never exactly liked players moving between counties as it is - but generally someone good enough for international level should be able to break into the first-team of their first county.

Obviously some players will decide to move for other reasons, whether they be fair or not, and Wright might have been one of those.
Wright moved not because he was a journeyman. Quite the reverse: he was an England Under 19 player and was headhunted by the champion county who had a well-regarded team ethic and youth system, and were clearly a team on the up.

I'm not sure that moving from one domestic team to another of itself demonstrates much. I really can't see how it can be used as a sensible judge of a player, at least until one is aware of the reasons for the move. To use it against a player without knowing those reasons seems a bit silly.

Some fairly obvious examples of migrants, of varying quality, include Don Bradman, Greg Chappell, David Gower, Ryan Sidebottom, Mark Ealham and Richard Johnson. The last 2 being individuals who I think you feel should have had more chances for England.

As for those who've moved between domestic teams early in their careers, Stuart Broad, Kevin Pietersen and Jonathan Trott (Boland - Western Province) spring to mind. I don't think that you'd hold their early moves against them?