• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why don't overseas players come to the Pura Cup

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Australia isn't in the EU, therefore EU law doesn't apply to them, and your argument is entirely baseless.
So that's why they never have anyone other than Australian qualified players playing in their Domestic Competition? Even Davison is qualified for Australia despite playing for Canada...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
So that's why they never have anyone other than Australian qualified players playing in their Domestic Competition? Even Davison is qualified for Australia despite playing for Canada...
Australia is not in Europe, therefore doesn't have such stringent employment laws - there's no countries which have trade agreements with Australia along the lines of the EU.

Craig

World Traveller
chris.hinton said:
What about having a one day comp between the Austrlaian And New Zealand sides
It could work although, the Australian sides might cream the New Zealand ones.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats why I think for the benefit of NZ's development they organise NZ 'A' to play in Australia's competition and for the sake of Australian teams so they actually get some decent competition rather than playing Otago or some team that they'd beat easily.

Craig

World Traveller
The Australian, New Zealand and South African acadmies played each other in a tri series last year or so, up in Townsville, I think that idea has merrit just like South Africa 'A' an Australian 'A' series between the two countries, last year and this year when Australia 'A' toured South Africa and South Africa 'A' toured Australia this year. I think that is a great concept.