• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Openers in India All Time Test XI

Select 2 openers

• Ramesh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prabhakar

• Das

• Jaffer

• Jaisimha

• Chauhan

• Roy

• Gaekwad

• Srikkanth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Look at this thread for examples. Don't worry about the length - the important stuff is explained very early.

ret

International Debutant
whats hilarious abt this poll is that the pollster has Das and Jaffar to give a choice to voters and not let his personal opinion reflect in the poll but then he set up a criteria of 30 innings, which is an example of an opinion, and thus screened out someone like Merchant and Shastri, who has 1000+ runs @ 45 as an opener in 17 tests, iirc

so what we get in this poll is Das and Jaffar by virtue of them playing 30 innings and no Merchant and Shastri, by virtue of them not playing 30 innings .... wow, a gr8 way to not reflect ones personal opinion in a poll!!!

and thats why it's been said to have all those who are good enough to be in an all-time Ind X1, irrespective of things that limit such a composition

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
i voted for sehwag and sidhu.. there is no way in hell that gavasker is going to take my vote or be in my all time xi for india..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
whats hilarious abt this poll is that the pollster has Das and Jaffar to give a choice to voters and not let his personal opinion reflect in the poll but then he set up a criteria of 30 innings, which is an example of an opinion, and thus screened out someone like Merchant and Shastri, who has 1000+ runs @ 45 as an opener in 17 tests, iirc

so what we get in this poll is Das and Jaffar by virtue of them playing 30 innings and no Merchant and Shastri, by virtue of them not playing 30 innings .... wow, a gr8 way to not reflect ones personal opinion in a poll!!!

and thats why it's been said to have all those who are good enough to be in an all-time Ind X1, irrespective of things that limit such a composition
Honestly, if you don't want to participate, just GTFO of the thread and stop moaning.

pasag

RTDAS
looking at some of the names up there^, I wonder why would anyone want to trouble himself and go through their stats .... Das, Jaffar, Prabhakar, Ramesh and company in a poll for a place as an opener in an all time Ind X1!!!! give me a break
yep, and thats why this poll sucks with players like Merchant and Shastri out while Jaffar and Das are in :wacko:

clearly, there are 3 guys in the top bracket, i.e. Gavaskar, Sehwag and Merchant .... followed by effective openers like Sidhu, Shastri, and so on .... and definitely not guys like Jaffar, Das and company

only if common sense had prevailed than focus on number of innings played when doing this poll, it would be have been interesting .... i guess, i ll pass this poll
confirming ----> I m not voting in this dumb poll :)
why waste ppl's time with such dumb polls and dumb posts :yawn: and then :cursing: when someone point that out

your poll [yeah Jaffar and Das fighting for a place in an all time X1, pollster's dream choices 8-)] + your posts = dumbness exemplified .... and then you poke your nose in matters that are none of your business and attack me as if i m some bad guy :laugh:

So essentially what you're saying is - you're satisfied with the poll options and are happy to particpate?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Again, if you have all the 'common sense' that you boast of, then you would know by looking at this thread or related threads that all of Merchant and Shastri have been (or will be) given chances...In fact the reason why Merchant will be given the chance in a separate poll and not this poll, is not the cup of tea of your 'common sense' I suppose...So, I have explained it to others and not you...By the way, I have no problems if you continue to argue like this non-sense, but I feel some others like Prince EWS and pasag are having problems...So at least for their sake you could stop and participate in other meaningful dscussions in other more common-sensical threads.....

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
As Gavaskar is clearly leading this poll with Sehwag clearly in the 2nd position, now the poll between Sehwag and Merchant is on in another thread...Please vote for who you think should partner Gavaskar...And mods please delete this thread to avoid any confusion later...

Status
Not open for further replies.