• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fire Alarm Stopped Play

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I would post this in Cricket Humour, but far more people will read it here...

Helping to coach at the U13 Cricket practice at school today, our teacher decided it would be a good idea for him and me to bat in the Inter Cricket (basically Kwik Cricket) that we were playing in the gym.

I was 9* and we were 32/0 off 0.5 overs (generous scoring rules) and advanced to pull a very short ball. For once in my life I found the middle of the bat and then I heard the sound of breaking glass.

"Have I broken something?"

Then the fire alarms start to go off...

PY

International Coach
You daft goon, you interrupted our game of ping-pong in the common room :!( and made us stand out in the pouring rain.....then the fire alarm wouldn't switch off so lessons were disrupted by a klaxon for 30 mins and then we were informed that if there was fire we would be notified by someone running around ringing a hand-bell. :O

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ha lol brilliant...!

In our school sports hall there is a viewing gallery at the far end of the nets..There is also a classroom.. I once put the ball through the glass window with a lesson going on inside with a lofted straight drive...

Now everyone makes sure all the nets are up all the time :(