• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson, you're a star

pasag

RTDAS
Test MOTS award...

Anyways, it seems like they're transitioning him from all-rounder to part-timer with Hauritz playing as the fourth bowler. He's more of a partnership breaker now when things aren't going well and I wouldn't be surprised if he stops bowling all-together in Tests sooner rather than later.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Test MOTS award...

Anyways, it seems like they're transitioning him from all-rounder to part-timer with Hauritz playing as the fourth bowler. He's more of a partnership breaker now when things aren't going well and I wouldn't be surprised if he stops bowling all-together in Tests sooner rather than later.
Stops bowling altogether in tests? Not a chance in hell, I reckon.

pasag

RTDAS
Stops bowling altogether in tests? Not a chance in hell, I reckon.
The only guy who can reverse it in the side not bowling in tests? lol
Yep, I reckon they feel pretty lucky he's gotten this far without injury and it's not worth risking him for what he brings with the ball down the line. You'll see, as he gets better with the bat (which he will) his bowling will be reduced even further. Cant see him bowling in Tests past 30.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, I reckon they feel pretty lucky he's gotten this far without injury and it's not worth risking him for what he brings with the ball down the line. You'll see, as he gets better with the bat (which he will) his bowling will be reduced even further. Cant see him bowling in Tests past 30.
Hmm, I dunno. I think he's less likely to get injured with a controlled (eg. on average 15 overs per test) amount of bowling than with suddenly having to bowl one match after not for a couple.

Would bet he'd be pretty pissed if they stopped asking him to bowl, he's been insistent about not giving it away. It'd be rubbish if we lost the chance to watch a good all-rounder just because they were too chicken risk him bowling.

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm, I dunno. I think he's less likely to get injured with a controlled (eg. on average 15 overs per test) amount of bowling than with suddenly having to bowl one match after not for a couple.

Would bet he'd be pretty pissed if they stopped asking him to bowl, he's been insistent about not giving it away. It'd be rubbish if we lost the chance to watch a good all-rounder just because they were too chicken risk him bowling.
I'm talking about down the line, not overnight.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gotta admit, that pose makes him look like he's doing the Hollywood "I've been shot, flail about theatrically!"