• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

Laurrz

International Debutant
What r u guys on about?

IF Clarke doesnt play and IF they decide on a 5 man attack, then Noffke is a STRONG CHANCE to play

Of course he will be a strong chance to play IF they go down that rout because he is one of the back-up bowlers and can bat

The guy might be doing nothing more than filling up column inches by stating the obvious but he is hardly talking crap IF those 2 scenarios eventuate
i think the point is that we won't play 5 bowlers (or a very small chance)

and i think rightly so with Symo as a bowling option and Haddin making his debut..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they decide to go for 5 bowlers then sure, Noffers should play. I just have a dispute with whether they should have 5 bowlers. If they're worried about Magill's form, they shouldn't pick him for crying out loud. With a batting all-rounder in the side (Symonds), I would pick my best four bowlers. If Magill isn't one of those, so be it; be very comfortable seeing Noffers in as a fourth quick with Symonds offering variety.

Laurrz

International Debutant
what do you guys think will be the slips position of the Aussie fielders? Had lots of trouble in the series v India... was pulling my hair out (*remembers Clarke dropping Sehwag on 0 and he ends up making 150 odd)

iidr, Symo also dropped atleast one in the slips...

1st - Hayden
2nd - Ponting
3rd - ???
gully - Hussey

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why doesnt it feel right?

definitely doesnt feel right that there is Australia v West Indies and theres no McGrath/Warne vs Lara battle :mellow:
Yeah, basically the battles, was always something to look forward to for the Windies test, with the great battles between bowlers and Lara. Just so used to 4 test in the Windies.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what do you guys think will be the slips position of the Aussie fielders? Had lots of trouble in the series v India... was pulling my hair out (*remembers Clarke dropping Sehwag on 0 and he ends up making 150 odd)

iidr, Symo also dropped atleast one in the slips...

1st - Hayden
2nd - Ponting
3rd - ???
gully - Hussey
Would think Symmo would slot into the cordon.

howardj

International Coach
This is absolutely deluxe.

Fox are replaying, in its entirety, the previous day's play.

Wooo Hooo.

The Windies tours are evil RE your sleeping patterns.