• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than Don Bradman

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well theres you're problem then, isn't it?

Amber lights before green, using extra words when telling the date. Go sort your country out. :p
I sooooo hope that was ironic. :blink:

The amber-light UK thingy is the best way of doing things too, of course, as explained in that thread. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's much better to go green ---> amber ---> red ---> red-and-amber ---> green, etc. than green ---> amber ---> red ---> green, etc.

IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... y'know... red light is on... amber light comes on... both go off and green light comes on. :mellow:

'T'aint rocket-science.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I won't stand for people saying the British way of doing things isn't the best purely because it differs from theirs. There's plenty of things we actually do do badly, so to get people adding things we don't is irritating, ITBT. Nonetheless, reading back over this exchange I appear to have come accross as a little more angry than perhaps I intended. So don't bring ye olde Rolleyes out, if you please. :p

cpr

International Coach
The amber-light UK thingy is the best way of doing things too, of course, as explained in that thread. :dry:
Is it, thought all us Brits admitted to ignoring Yellow both at the begining and end of the sequence ;)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The topic title disturbs me...There are a lot of things in cricket that disturb me these days...Twenty20 being one of them, IPL/ICL crap being one of them, and now statements like Ponting is better than Bradman!!

Precambrian

Banned
Well, Cannot really compare the two. Would like to see how Bradman would have fared had he been born in India, played lots of spn and ODI cricket.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well... y'know... red light is on... amber light comes on... both go off and green light comes on. :mellow:

'T'aint rocket-science.
Makes it more like a start at a race track if both the top lights come on before the green, imo.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Or so some would have you believe.

This is a thread, really, to highlight how good we have it here on CricketWeb. Sure, sometimes we feel we shouldn't have to be debating what we're debating and are at ends with the reality that some of our members could feel how they do about certain topics, but when you compare it to some of the debates that are forced out at other sites, well.. I'll let the posts do the talking.

Reading through some of those posts really made me appreciate the validity of a Ponting v Tendulkar thread... :p
I have seen some abominable crap on Bradman here on CW too. What can one do ? Not much unless you have the patience of a Richard :)