• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Allan Lamb Play For England This Summer?

Will Allan Lamb Be Selected For England This Summer?

• Total voters

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not looking to the past, though - it's looking to try and put the past behind one. If what Ramprakash has done in the past were to be repeated, no-one would want his selection. However, if it were to be improved upon - drastically - then everyone would be delighted.
And the discussion re: Andy Caddick?

Actually I should have had this poll attached to the 'What is Englishness' thread.

Son Of Coco

How did this come about anyway? :laugh:
This poll? Ohhh, my avatar...I lost a bet. Ages ago actually. 2005 Ashes I think it was.

More importantly, how did discussion about Mark Ramprakash get into my poll on whether Allan Lamb will play for England this summer? In my opinion, based on some fine beach cricket performances this summer, he has a decent chance :sleep:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
More importantly, how did discussion about Mark Ramprakash get into my poll on whether Allan Lamb will play for England this summer? In my opinion, based on some fine beach cricket performances this summer, he has a decent chance :sleep:
Should maybe move 'em TBH. Anyway, thought the spoof which evolves to serious is good myself TBH.

Son Of Coco

So it'd be bad should Ramprakash be picked and average 60 for 2 or 3 years? :blink:
I was talking more about England results since 2005...not Ramprakash himself.

If he averages 60 then obviously that'd be a good thing. Although I'd still be a bit concerned about where you were going after that. It kind of hints that there's no vision for the future...the part which I was attempting to indicate was typically English.

I'm afraid I can't discuss this any further though until you devote at least one post to the topic of this thread. :happy:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I reckon it was around the same time I put mine up, so when I change mine you can change yours :p