• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we had lost the game, I would've been more annoyed at us for letting the game get away against such a mediocre ODI side like England.

That one was for Scaly ;)
Haha.

It's true though, some of our batsmen got out to absolutely terrible shots (McCullum & Taylor spring to mind)

Flem274*

123/5
If we had lost the game, I would've been more annoyed at us for letting the game get away against such a mediocre ODI side like England.

That one was for Scaly ;)
If we'd lost that game and Scaly came on afterwards and sprouted that **** I think I would have vowed to nuke Durham.

When we lost that ODI in Durham first up I cringed.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And uninjured. But hey, all the best NZ fast bowlers make sure they get injured lots. Its a compliment.
Heath's current ailment is a nasty dose of Shin Splints.

That and his house is infested with mice. Had a nice trip down to Mitre 10 earlier to pick up a gross of mouse traps. Great fun.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's some impressive research.

Chris Nevin in that second game! Those were the days, the polywicketkeeper era.

pasag

RTDAS
Ganguly got a similar ban a few years ago IIRR.

We've seen for years that fines don't work on slow over-rates. The amount of delaying at the end of that innings was absurd, it took forever to bowl the last few overs. Bans are the only way to have a chance of putting a stop to this nonsense.
Doesn't change the fact that the length of it is over the top. Ban him for one match or whatever and it'll have the exact same impact, but four makes little sense to me.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You're kidding. I'm the original and the best Vettori-hater. It seems to me the guy unveils new layers of crapness each year, and now he's our captain ffs!
New levels of crapness? He constantly saves our ass with the bat in tests while he's ranked as the leading spinner in ODI cricket (last time I checked). "New levels of crapness" is an utter, utter joke. If you're going to have a swing at him, try finding something with even the slightest hint of relevance. And you and Perm both dislike him? Well, that's hardly anything to cheer about - Perm's hatred seemed to stem around the fact Vettori got annoyed with fielders mucking up on his bowling. That's when it became clear Perm hadn't played any competitive cricket himself...

Heath's current ailment is a nasty dose of Shin Splints.

That and his house is infested with mice. Had a nice trip down to Mitre 10 earlier to pick up a gross of mouse traps. Great fun.
So they haven't disappeared since this morning...

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Just get your rugby team to do that in the next few weeks please, and we can take care of the Crims ourselves..
I thought the anti-Henrys and some news today Hanson wants out to coach Canterbury must have caused a few ripples.

I hope All Blacks self-implode, and I hope the Dan Carters and Richie McCaws of rugby turn to cricket - money is there now, and we are a country that produces individual champions on a consistent basis.

Look at rowing, rugby players individually, and triathlon, etc etc etc... for a small country we do seem to breed champs here.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I thought the anti-Henrys and some news today Hanson wants out to coach Canterbury must have caused a few ripples.

I hope All Blacks self-implode, and I hope the Dan Carters and Richie McCaws of rugby turn to cricket - money is there now, and we are a country that produces individual champions on a consistent basis.

Look at rowing, rugby players individually, and triathlon, etc etc etc... for a small country we do seem to breed champs here.
For sure, I never write the Kiwis off which is why I'm a bit scared come Tri-nations time.. Our sides were woeful in the super 14 this year..