• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England to play only two Tests in India

biased indian

International Coach
Ah... In that case, I stand corrected...... BCCI jerks...... :@
why would they be....in this case they are not

they wanted to schedule the third test after the Christmas..its English players who are at fault here....its them who dont want to play the third test not BCCI

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
They don't have no problem with it at all, in fact they'd far prefer never to have to play a Boxing Day Test (and hence spend Xmas away from home) in any country. But as it's a traditional part of tours of both Australia and South Africa they have to lump it when they're touring those countries. India has never had a tradition of Boxing Day Tests, so there's an excuse to want a tour wrapped-up before the Xmas period.
so you agree the third test is not played due to the excuse by england :cool:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
why would they be....in this case they are not

they wanted to schedule the third test after the Christmas..its English players who are at fault here....its them who dont want to play the third test not BCCI
I agree that England could have stayed on till Christmas and played the 3rd test. I am not saying they are not at fault.

But initially, I thought the BCCI was faultless, but right now, given England players feel that way (they may be jerks for feeling that way, itbt), it was upto the BCCI to have a "proper" test and ODI series within the time available.... 3 tests and 5 ODIs would be so much better, as I have said in my original post.

Just because the English players are so inflexible doesn't mean we should be so too.

biased indian

International Coach
I agree that England could have stayed on till Christmas and played the 3rd test. I am not saying they are not at fault.

But initially, I thought the BCCI was faultless, but right now, given England players feel that way (they may be jerks for feeling that way, itbt), it was upto the BCCI to have a "proper" test and ODI series within the time available.... 3 tests and 5 ODIs would be so much better, as I have said in my original post.

Just because the English players are so inflexible doesn't mean we should be so too.
Last time around when we said we dont want to play 20-20 they made us play one extra ODI....so why would we have to od this all the time and get the blame all the time

india played 7 ODI's not becuse of us becuse ECB wanted us to play the 7 th ODI for the 20-20 we refused to play

what i dont understnd is next time they tour SA or Aus they dont have any problem..then why should have they have it now...sorry... for me i dont find any Problem With BCCI

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, BCCI and ECB agreed that India's tour of England should mirror England's tour of India in early 06....it was never supposed to be 6 ODIs at any point

Craig

World Traveller
That can't be right. India are playing Pakistan after Christmas, and the Cricinfo article says the England tour is in November-December.

I'd guess it goes something like this...

15 Nov 1st ODI
3 Dec 7th ODI
6-7 Dec 2D warmup
10-14 Dec 1st Test
19-23 Dec 2nd Test

So if you cut a couple of ODIs, you could fit in a Test in early December.
Lets do that, who cares about a few lost ODIs, England is dire enough in them.