• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
nookie_lk said:
mate...before the past 4 months England was around 5 or 6 in the rankings. and the recent performance was the cause they came up to number 3. the main reason they performed well is becuase they played at home(WI and NZ ). once they go out of england they are basically crap. specially their batsman. Sri Lanka is similar to that...but when considering the performances compared to Englands latter performances...ranking 3rd in tests sure is fair enough...
Oh yes, so England's 3-0 win in teh WI means sod-all then, purely because England won. Have a laugh.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
nookie_lk said:
lol.....ok
trescothik vs jayasuriya
vaughn vs Atapattu
straus vs Jayawardena
gareth jones vs sangakkara
giles vs murali (lol)
hoggard vs Vass

i have to agree flintoff and harmison are definitely exellent.
but...just compare the above players stats and u decide who's better....
So, statistics don't matter one minute, and they do the next. Have a laugh.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
nookie_lk said:
jees mate ur just another lame English supporter who is talking big just becuase england is on top at the moment...i guess u guys wont have much chances to talk good about england...go ahead and knock ur self out !!! feel sorry for people like u.
I feel sorry for people as blinkered as you.

Go and drown your sorrows, face it, Sri Lanka are poor, England aren't.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
if u compare the class and the performances of all the english players and sri lankan players (test statistics) you will see that sri lankan players aren't underated at all.
Have you thought about why it might be this way? The SL players have their stats boosted by playing against the minnows (Zim and Ban). Look at their averages against the strong teams.

Deja moo

International Captain
tooextracool said:
i dont think laxman is overrated, hes been out with injury for a while and in his last innings before injury he scored 107 in what was pretty much a final against pakistan. hes had 1 bad innings since then and already everyone are onto him for no reason whatsoever especially considering that half the other players didnt even make it into double figures in that game.
I suppose thats a matter of preference .

Laxman is the kind of player who will score no more than 10 for 6-7 games , and then score 100 in the 8th or 10th.

I'd rather have a player who is dependable enough to score a 40 every alternate game or so , like Ganguly did in the Asia cup .

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
My statement was not an absurd statement - it was a fact.

I have to admit that I didn't watch very much of the innings - only caught part of the highlights. I only saw 2 of the chances. Still, he played some excellent strokes, and while he may not have deserved 309, he still played very well.

You could even argue that Lara didn't deserve 400 - IMO he was out on 0, but the umpire gave him not out.
there is a major difference between 1 chance and 6 chances i can assure you.......

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yes, but Lara's wasn't really a chance - IMO it was out. Still, he made the most of his luck after it and full credit to him for hitting the World record score.