• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's 400th Cricketer

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They pointed out on the radio today that, if it follows the trend set, it'll be a qlder...qlder's have filled player's 100, 200 and 300 for australia. With that in mind, noffke.

This helps with my next question.

Does anyone have a list of the players in order. Who was the 300th?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Challenge: Which number has been the best performed so far for Australia. EG: 66 - so 66, 166, 266, 366..

aussie tragic

International Captain
It may all come down to who goes on the Pakistan tour:

I’m pretty sure the current XII will go (Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Symonds, Gilchrist, Hogg, Lee, Johnson, Clark, Tait), so that leaves 3 spots for a batsman, spinner and pace bowler.

My guess would be Hodge, McGill and Noffke, which means Noffke would be the only tourist who hasn’t played, however he’s the 5th pacer competing for 2-3 spots.

.....of course, a radical option would be play Gilly at 6, with Noffke, Hogg & Lee being a very respectable 7-9, which would then allow 2 spinners to play ;)

Last edited:

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
It may all comes down to who goes on the Pakistan tour:

I’m pretty sure the current XII will go (Hayden, Jaques, Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Symonds, Gilchrist, Hogg, Lee, Johnson, Clark, Tait), so that leaves 3 spots for a batsman, spinner and pace bowler.

My guess would be Hodge, McGill and Noffke, which means Noffke would be the only tourist who hasn’t played, however he’s the 5th pacer competing for 2-3 spots.

.....of course, a radically option would be play Gilly at 6, with Noffke, Hogg & Lee being a very respectable 7-9, which would then allow 2 spinners to play ;)
I would like to see an untried spinner go on tour, get some experience off the field and start to groom one or two young guys to replace MacGill and Hogg, they are both over 35 and are short-term options.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the Pakistan tour does go ahead I doubt Hogg will be in the test match squad. Australia aren't going to play two spinners in a test, so someone will have to go as injury replacement for MacGill, Cullen and Bailey aren't playing for S.A. atm, and Casson doesn't take wickets and Hauritz isn't a regular first class bowler I doubt if Doran would go. Would probably be that Victorian bloke or Heal as 2nd spinner.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I would like to see an untried spinner go on tour, get some experience off the field and start to groom one or two young guys to replace MacGill and Hogg, they are both over 35 and are short-term options.
I don’t know that any spinners meet your requirement given their form this season

Bailey (22) has 1 wkt @ 103.00
Cullen (23) has 11 wkts @ 50.63 (Test cricketer # 397)
White (24) has 4 wkts @ 29.75
Heal (24) has 3 wkts @ 79.00
Casson (25) has 4 wkts @ 93.75
Hauritz (26) has 0 wkts @ ---- (Test Cricketer # 390)
McGain (35) has 24 wkts @ 33.41

Then again the top 2 aren't much either..

McGill (36) has 9 wkts @ 67.33
Hogg (36) has 20 wkts @ 41.30

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Try, mate. Try. See how they go. Just pick them. I know it sounds stupid but hey why not take a gamble?
Because they're ****. Why not take a gamble and play me, if you're going to go that far?

Why not just take the sensible option and pick your best players for each game, and worry about the next game when it comes? Who knows, if we give Cullen, Bailey or Heal three years to work on their games at domestic level while we use Hogg, MacGill and McGain (who are all a class above at the moment), they might actually be somewhat decent...