• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Cricket season

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
masterblaster said:
No, its just that having a good bowler, with some sort of batting ability only strengthens the side and adds more balance.
IMO, our bowlers all have some sort of batting ability anyway - Hoggard was the weak link, but he really improved last summer.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vishnureddy said:
He picked up those wickets against a University team. He should be judged only after he picks up wickets against County teams:P
And it was a minor University at that, not even a first class game.

I really cannot work out why the UCCE (the E stands for Excellence lol) games take place.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
warrioryohannan said:
Oh alright, but i think he has been doing well for Sussex (last season he did well for sure).I still think Mushi isn't that bad.
I think you're getting him confused with someone else, last year he played 2 games for Surrey, and didn't do very well at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
why on earth is michael clark (WA bowler, not nsw batsman) playing for warwickshire :o:o:o
Our first choice, the far superior Shane Bond, is away with NZ for about 6 weeks, so he's a short term replacement (about our 5th choice at that as well!)

Eclipse

International Debutant
He is a good bowler or at least he was very very impresive this year for WA if he can keep up that sort of good swing bowling he will serve you well.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea i saw that , but i think since kaneria is young and he is pretty good just needs more training etc , i think he has a good future to go along side spinnin it with saqlain

as for Mustaq ahmed as said before he is a world class bowler bowling against a uni team :P = destruction

its like when i bowled to the lowest graded team in our last club game and there were these guys trying to sweep me , they didnt realize im not like the other spinner in the grade i actually turn the bowl a mile for an off spinner bowlin on the artificial, they got hit in the head, in the nuts , leg and mid stumps blown away , trying to charge my top spinners.. lol getting stumped..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I think you're getting him confused with someone else, last year he played 2 games for Surrey, and didn't do very well at all.
I think there's a Mushtaq mixup. Saqlain and Mushtaq?

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Off the point completely, but Richard Johnson may have got 106* but what about Simon Francis? He scored a career best too...it may have only been 34* but he's got to start somewhere!

Point made....carry on between yourselves :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anyway, going back on topic - great start with the bat from Ashley Giles - if he can only carry that into the Internationals (and the Zimbabwe series is a big chance for him to do that if we bat on that long) then we are looking very solid in the tail.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think there's a Mushtaq mixup. Saqlain and Mushtaq?
Nope, Mushy did in fact play for Surrey last season as a short term replacement for Saqlain, so did Azhar Mahmood but he took 8-50 and kept his place for this year.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Now Ramps scores a double century although it is against a University team. If only he scored a century against Lancs where he looked very good while batting.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
vishnureddy said:
Now Ramps scores a double century although it is against a University team. If only he scored a century against Lancs where he looked very good while batting.
Jon Batty and Adam Hollioake also scored centuries.

So did Martin Bicknell.

And Rikki Clarke... 0 :D