• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag v Gayle

Who would you rather prefer as an opener?

• Total voters

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If all your thick edges go for four or six, then you will excel.
Not if you do 2 thick edges which both go for 4 and then get out in a different way for 9 - wouldn't consider that excelling.

Surely you wouldn't consider a player is in good form if he keeps edging the ball for 4 or 6.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not if you do 2 thick edges which both go for 4 and then get out in a different way for 9 - wouldn't consider that excelling.

Surely you wouldn't consider a player is in good form if he keeps edging the ball for 4 or 6.
A player's performance will be more likely to be stronger in the event that they score more boundaries off balls that they will otherwise get out to in other conditions.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A player's performance will be more likely to be stronger in the event that they score more boundaries off balls that they will otherwise get out to in other conditions.
:blink: That's so obvious, ofcourse a player will be stronger making runs rather then getting out. :

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Which makes it all the more baffling that you disputed my point;)
No I didn't. I just said I wouldn't consider a player in form, if he's edging the ball often.

You shouldn't be mentioning his edges if he's in form.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: Sehwag has returned to his fortunate ways!
When you hit the ball so hard that the fielders flinch (Clarke at slip flinched and consequently, the ball hit hard hands), you are going to have a fair few dropped catches.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm, slip catches like that should always be taken for mine. And in any case, that doesn't account for the lbw.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Some people come-up with some!

(Seriously - I'm guessing that post was IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For ODIs, I would have to go with Gayle. Gayle has one of the best ODI records of a batsman today, a strike rate of over 80 and an average nearing 40 is truly exemplary. He is by no means an all time great, but one of the best of this current era of cricketers.
Against ODI standard opposition his average falls to 37, with a strike rate of 80. Good, but there are probably a dozen others who have better records in this era. Almost every batsman of the Australian team for that matter.