• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Team for Dhaka Announced!!!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't knew that!!

Funy isn't it?? all of a sudden India are discoving talented fast bowlers one after one!!!

Nehra~ Akram
Salvi ~ McGrath

JUst too good!
Just because a player 'models' himself on another doesn't mean he's as good. :) Remember, Sehwag models himself on Sachin. ;)

As for the latest reports that Sachin and Dravid are out of the tournament with 'hand injuries', I'm suspicious. Either they're both soft, are frightened for their safety (understandable) or are just tired and want a break (REALLY understandable). I sure hope it's one of the last two options.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Salvi ..Two thumbs up!!

Ringua said:
Salvi has potential, he's more of a line and length pacer than just speed, i read an interview in which he had said that he has modelled himself after Glen McGrath.If he can be half as good as Glen then India would be highly fortunate!
Well I model my batting on SRT and my bowling on McGrath - surely I must be one of the greatest all rounders ever?!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I dont think you should over rate the new comers yet so much , i think we did the same for balaji and yadav and look what happend to those 2 when they came on debut

building ur self on someone else isint mean u can reach up to be as great as them , it takes more hardwork blah blah etc than that

V Reddy

International Debutant
lord_of_darkness said:
I dont think you should over rate the new comers yet so much , i think we did the same for balaji and yadav and look what happend to those 2 when they came on debut

building ur self on someone else isint mean u can reach up to be as great as them , it takes more hardwork blah blah etc than that
The problem is nobody has seen him bowl i think. Only Vande Mataram is saying that he has seen him bowl. Such is the coverage of domestic cricket here. All i have seen of him is the interview which Ringua has said. But there are always good reports of him in the newspapers here. Maybe b'coz he is from Mumbai:rolleyes:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Top_Cat said:
Just because a player 'models' himself on another doesn't mean he's as good. :) Remember, Sehwag models himself on Sachin. ;)

As for the latest reports that Sachin and Dravid are out of the tournament with 'hand injuries', I'm suspicious. Either they're both soft, are frightened for their safety (understandable) or are just tired and want a break (REALLY understandable). I sure hope it's one of the last two options.
They were just tired and wanted a break but the board has said b'coz of injuries. It was long before the selection in the news that they will take rest. Also Dravid is getting married , so maybe he wanted a break and the rest said that they wanted to spend some time with the family.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Let's not exagerate now.....let's just wait and see how he does first...
Ahhhh memories of the legendary L Balaji spring to mind :)

V Reddy

International Debutant

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Let's not exagerate now.....let's just wait and see how he does first...
Have you seen him bowl, Mx? I haven't seen him bowl. But i remember you saying that you watched the match in which Balaji and Salvi picked up about 8 wickets for 20 runs. How does he bowl? I hear that he bowls just line and length and mostly surprises batsman b'coz of his extra bounce which he gets b'coz of his height.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Re: Re: Re: Salvi ..Two thumbs up!!

marc71178 said:
Well I model my batting on SRT and my bowling on McGrath - surely I must be one of the greatest all rounders ever?!
Wow!!! You're the man, Marc!!! The dream all-rounder!!!:P :P :P

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:

Just saw a report which said that Sachin has a finger injury which will keep him out of all cricketing engagements for atleast 2 months. Sounds quite genuine. As for Dravid, I am not sure, but he must be exhausted after performing the dual roles of top batsman and wicket keeper in the WC. Plus, he is also getting engaged, so maybe he is looking for some quality time with his bride-to-be.....:)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I'm modelling myself on Warney this season.

Anyone know a good chemist? ;)
I model myself on Tuffers...though I'm not too convincing as I don't smoke :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the look of this Salvi guy, although I haven't seen him bowl i've looked at scorecards of the Indian 'A' West Indies tour & other Indian Domestic games & he takes wickets in every match consistently & economically.

South Africa will be a good team for India to trial him against & if he does work then they should look at playing Harbhajan, Srinath, Khan & Salvi & that would be a good attack IMO although I think they still need to replace Mongia with an all-rounder.

Ringua

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rather more appropriately one of the greatest readers ever:rolleyes: .I said that "IF" ever Salvi proves to be "HALF AS GOOD" as McGrath, then it would be fortunate for India. I never claimed that Salvi would be the next McGrath or so.McGrath is a legend and a rare breed.Salvi has potential, but whether he succeed in establishing himself at international level is yet to be seen!

Ringua

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rik said:
I model myself on Tuffers...though I'm not too convincing as I don't smoke :)

Don't model urself after those bowlers as you might end up in trouble! I had modelled myself after the legendary english pacer " Harmison" only to find out my own team mates deserting me at net practice:lol:

vishnureddy said:
The problem is nobody has seen him bowl i think. Only Vande Mataram is saying that he has seen him bowl. Such is the coverage of domestic cricket here. All i have seen of him is the interview which Ringua has said. But there are always good reports of him in the newspapers here. Maybe b'coz he is from Mumbai:rolleyes:

Oh come on, there are also good reports in news paper on Balaji, Pathan,Z hussain, Iqbal siddique, Youhannan etc, Mumbai is simply not the factor.

I have seen Salvi and he looks a very good bowler to me, maybe i shouldn't have compared him with Glen (that was a bit over the top :P ). But one thing i can say for sure, Avishkar Salvi is here to stay, he's not going to disappear like Tinu, Ganesh etc.The guy is hell talented, and someone with lots of confidence and passion for cricket!

masterblaster

International Captain
Great to see Salvi in, I just found out today as i just logged online today.

Gambhir is a helluva player. And Sehwag and Gambhir should open the innings.

Salvi hopefully wont be one of these pacers who come unstuck by top teams.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ringua said:
Don't model urself after those bowlers as you might end up in trouble! I had modelled myself after the legendary english pacer " Harmison" only to find out my own team mates deserting me at net practice:lol:
Nothing wrong with modelling yourself on Tuffers, he has 1000+ FC Wickets...