• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flower to play for SA

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Andy Flower has just signed a 3 year deal with SA!!!
Any comments?
does this mean he'll still play for Zim?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i'd think so, if he goes back to Zimbabwe his life would be in extreme danger.

But thats a huge buy for South Australia, not only can he wicket-keep he's also got a test match average of 51 which would make alot of players envious.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
its good for SA now they have lost lehmann to the test side - he will kill off macgill when he polays him as well

SA getting better - long way to go to catch NSW though :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I was Graeme Manou, I'd be getting very nervous about my spot in the side right about now..............

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless Manou is in with a chance of playing for Australia, is he? then i'd say he might be out of the side for a long time unless Flower just plays as a batsman.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I think they will obviously play Flower just as a batsman.

They would be looking at developing Manou because he has some real talent.

masterblaster

International Captain
Great to see Andy playing for the Redbacks, Manou should keep though. Flower is getting older, and should just play as a batsman.

So now they have, Blewett, Lehmann, Flower, Higgs, Gillespie, Fleming, Paul Rofe

Now thats a strong team

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
Andy Flower has just signed a 3 year deal with SA!!!
Any comments?
does this mean he'll still play for Zim?
He retired from International Cricket after the World Cup, but strangely, the Zimbabwean secret police weren't waiting for him to ****** him back home...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Flower to play for SA

marc71178 said:
He retired from International Cricket after the World Cup, but strangely, the Zimbabwean secret police weren't waiting for him to ****** him back home...
I think they were just glad to see him go after all the stuff he said in his career. If they went for him there would be uproar, but Henry is not as well known.