• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Woes of NZC

Flem274*

123/5
Remember that Hopkins was down to take the gloves yesterday too, so it was obviously a plan to get more out of McCullum.
McCullum was injured. Thats why Hopkins got the gloves. in any case McCullum is a world class keeper and Hopkins keeping ahead of him is not on IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Flem274*'s sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
I'm wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
Shane Watson is a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
Murali doesn't chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed
Geoff Allot rocks my socks
:huh:

It'd be less odd if they didn't all link to the same post - one of mine that's completely unrelated to the whole imaginary exchange.

:huh:

Flem274*

123/5
How are Michael Mason, Jeetan Patel, Kyle Mills, Mark Gillespie and even Daniel Vettori "good" test match bowlers? :huh:
Was reffering to both FC and tests. I was shortening the damn post.:)

Mason=dire so far but only played one test. God FC stats

Vettori=pretty good

Patel=will be good

Kyle Mills=averaged 18.6 last season in tests. Ovious improvement

Mark Gillespie=excellent FC stats, 5 wickets on test debut. Don't judge him on ODIs

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paul Ricard said:
It'd be less odd if they didn't all link to the same post - one of mine that's completely unrelated to the whole imaginary exchange.
Well, he'd originally quoted me as saying "Geoff Allot is Gun"

Not only would I not say the "gun" thing, but I would have the decency to spell Allott's name correctly. I do prefer 'rocks my socks' though. Certainly more 'me' I'd say.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Paul Ricard said:
Well, he'd originally quoted me as saying "Geoff Allot is Gun"

Not only would I not say the "gun" thing, but I would have the decency to spell Allott's name correctly. I do prefer 'rocks my socks' though. Certainly more 'me' I'd say.
:huh: Paul Ricard?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What, Riccardo Rosset? That one was popular back in about 1998, but I changed it by stating my preference for Hamilton Ricard (who was the leading Premiership scorer for the first half of the 1998\99 season).

Of course, of times there were numpties who preferred above all to replace the "c" with a "t". These, however, were either comic geniu (think yourself - but double it), or cretins who would not know whether or not they were being insulted if you called them a cretin or a blunderbuss.

Flem274*

123/5
Just been reading the thread in the similar threads column below. Interesting to see Paul Hitchcocks name thrown around.

Flem274*

123/5
Is Nevin not a lot better than Hopkins also?
The keepers are:

Central: Bevan Griggs
Wellington: Chris Nevin
Northern: Peter McGlashan
Auckland: Gareth Hopkins
Canterbury: Kruger Van Wyk
Otago: Derek De Boorder

I'd say Griggs is better than Hopkins who would be around the same as Nevin (though Nevin has been pretty good with the the bat this season IIRC). Van Wyk is a good prospect but needs to qualify for NZ first and Griggs is quite young IIRC. Personally I wouldn't be playing Hopkins unless I realy needed to.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I don't understand what makes Gillespie so dire in ODIs?

Is it his inconsistency? Does he bowl too short?

Anyway, his ODI stats are a little alarming a.t.m.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand what makes Gillespie so dire in ODIs?

Is it his inconsistency? Does he bowl too short?

Anyway, his ODI stats are a little alarming a.t.m.

His lack of any form of movement seems to mean he tries to mix up his line and length. Which, sadly, is to his detriment.

Fiery

Banned
NZ lack talent simpleas , best sportmen all play rugby. They got bigger issues then the Windies. If it wasn't for a slightly better infrastruture (says more Windies lack of infrastruture) they will have greater issue then the Windies.

Wouldn't surprise if Bangladesh beat them in Test coming up. Will show where they are really at IMO.
What a crock

Athlai

Not Terrible
Didn't realise India were beaten in a Test match TBH. Oh they weren't.

Sure they could beat us in an ODI potentially and I doubt any Kiwi here would deny the possibility. Yet we are favourites and heavy favourites when it comes to Tests.