• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anyone know when the Wisden Book will be released?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
You mean the yellow Wisden book? The Cricket Year has already been released.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's usually the first week of February (or it was when I used to buy it - not much point nowadays for me because I used to need the stats for quizzes and the like - I don't go there any more)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
April I think the Almanac comes out - the Cricket Year isn't a Wisden publication.
I know it isn't. But it does a similer job and it's usually a good read when they sort out the typos and dodgy pictures...

Bazza

International 12th Man
Wisden is definitely the most thorough cricket book imaginable. It's lost it's appeal for me now Cricinfo has all the stats you could ever want, but April I believe is the usual release date.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I know it came this year, but I think it's the Benson and Hedges Cricket Year Book isn't it?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
I know it came this year, but I think it's the Benson and Hedges Cricket Year Book isn't it?
So they just changed the name? It's been Benson and Hedges sponsored for a while now.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Exactly, and what has just happened to Tobacco sponsorship?
It's been banned from billboards and magazines and all public places since a few weeks ago. I thought they would have done it on the 1st of January, not the middle of Feb! Formula 1 will still display tabacco sponsorship after they brokered a deal with Labour. If they had not brokered that deal then I doubt we would have had a British Grand Prix this year.

So to answer your question...it's just banned.