• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
December
20th - 22nd
Victoria v Indians
Melbourne

26th - 30th
1st Test Australia v India
Melbourne

January
2nd - 6th
2nd Test Australia v India
Sydney

10th - 12th
ACT Invitational XI v Indians
Canberra

16th - 20th
3rd Test Australia v India
Perth

24th - 28th
4th Test Australia v India
Adelaide

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Anyone have tickets yet? Will try and head down to the Junction Oval for a day or two on top of the Test. Can't wait.

Last edited:

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
I have one question from Aus fans, do you actually believe that Aus can beat India 4-0 (like Clark said the other day)?? I think the guy was day dreaming.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeh i am there for the MCG test (H). Will be running in the middle of the pitch to congratulate Ganguly on his fine 100.

Evidently getting banned from MCG for life :ph34r:.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Will be tough for India to win many if Dravid is as out of form as he has been recently. They need a firing Rahul to win these matches IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will be at all days of the Boxing Day test and the Vic vs. Indians match.

Cannot wait. :D

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have one question from Aus fans, do you actually believe that Aus can beat India 4-0 (like Clark said the other day)?? I think the guy was day dreaming.

Can yes.
Will no.

It's the mindframe that the players get themselves into. What's the point of saying you'll win 2 - 1 because why would you think your side is going to lose a match?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now this is the good stuff. Chuck in a couple more tour games against NSW, WA and SA and we'd be in business.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Will be tough for India to win many if Dravid is as out of form as he has been recently. They need a firing Rahul to win these matches IMO.
I really belive that batting wont be their problem, but bowling Australia out cheaply will.

Can see 1-2 draws, the rest Australian wins :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can yes.
Will no.

It's the mindframe that the players get themselves into. What's the point of saying you'll win 2 - 1 because why would you think your side is going to lose a match?
Exactly - it's so unutterably annoying when people say it's arrogant to hold such beliefs (and usually those that say it's arrogant are the same people that cause the beliefs to be voiced by asking relevant questions).

If they didn't say "we should win 4-0" they'd just be criticised for negative thinking, and if they didn't answer the question when someone asked them it they'd - probably rightly - be considered rude. Either that or someone'd just work it up into being either negative or arrogant.

Either way - I hope for a repeat of 2003\04, but like it was then, it's a big ask.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Form is temporary, class is permanent."

I'm more confident of this adage pertaining to Dravid than practically any other cricketer.

R_D

International Debutant
Kind of gutted that i'm not going to be in Australia once again when India tour here :(
But i'll be watching every single test match and looks like i might be here for last few ODI's. Just checked the ODI scdhule.. so gay, When india play their last ODI match in MCG i'll be on the flight. Might have to go to sydney or somewhere else to watch Sachin, Ganguly play live for the last time.

pup11

International Coach
Really looking forward to this series and i am all pumped up for this, as far as Clark's prediction is concerned i think there is nothing wrong in it because every team plays to win every game they play and India getting whitewashed in all practicality is possible but not probable :smartass:.
Dravid would (or atleast should :unsure:) get a chance against Pakistan in the home test series before India's tour to Australia but if Dravid fails in that series too then with the way selectors are treating him i am not too sure whether he would even make it to the Australian series.

Craig

World Traveller
Loving the Australia Day Test, I know it probably was impossible, but would of been better had it started on the publich holiday? What day is it BTW?

R_D

International Debutant
Loving the Australia Day Test, I know it probably was impossible, but would of been better had it started on the publich holiday? What day is it BTW?
would have been good... Indian republic day on 26th January as well.
Its a saturday... would have been perfect.

biased indian

International Coach
if it was monday would have been even better...could have watched three days of cricket on a go..

but any way i will miss most part of the last 2 test ..i am getting married on 19th :)
will be so busy

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
still is, IMO... 3rd day may well be crucial, for that particular test and maybe even the series..... :-O

wud be the perfect set up for republic day/Australia day, IMO. :)