• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

deira

Banned
True but i was looking at the records and indian team doesn't usually collaspe compared to other teams. Their batting has always been strong even against australia

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Well, considering Bevo started bowling regularly in the Aussie side around 1996 and Brad Hogg played his first Test a bit before and had been bowling spin for WA for about 2-3 years before that, that's a little difficult to believe. :)

Brad Hogg played first for WA around 1993 and it was about after his first season that he took up bowling full-time having been a pace bowling allrounder in under-age and district cricket.
I was going from memory, but I've just had a look at the records. Hogg started bowling regularly for WA in 95/96 (in his third first class season), which was just after Bevan started bowling regularly in ODIs. Hogg's first test was towards the end of 1996.

Hogg bowled a single over in his first season (93/94) for WA, and averaged five overs or so per match in his second season (94/95).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember saying this in the first Ashes Test 2005 but I don't think we can make any assumptions until India bat. The pitch seems very slow already and I suspect Stuart Clark will be pivotal on this pitch, especially when India bat in the second innings. I don't think it's any coincidence that India's most accurate and consistent bowler has been their best.

Have a look at Haydos' knock; he hit very few balls down the ground despite that being his best area and he was clearly in great touch but still didn't make it look easy. This pitch isn't a great Test pitch, I reckon.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, well done India so far. After they had no luck in the first 45 minutes and Jaques and Hayden got going, I joined everyone else in assuming they'd be chasing leather til stumps tomorrow, but they've fought back really well. Kumble is fair gun.

Not worried yet though.

Evermind

International Debutant
Doubt it. Gilchrist falls as I speak, but Australia have a really strong tail. Hogg averages 35 in first class cricket, Lee averages over 20 in tests and Mitchell Johnson listed down at 10 averages over 25 in first class cricket as well. The strongest tail in terms of ability I've seen in an Australian team for years really. Not a lot of experience there though.
Lee falls as I speak, but it's pretty unlikely the tail will wag much. They've never faced quality spin like Kumble's before. Harbhajan's balls have caressed Hogg's off-stump way too many times now to inspire much confidence in Hogg's batting.

Fiery

Banned
Odds on Aus being all out before stumps?
Doubt it. Gilchrist falls as I speak, but Australia have a really strong tail. Hogg averages 35 in first class cricket, Lee averages over 20 in tests and Mitchell Johnson listed down at 10 averages over 25 in first class cricket as well. The strongest tail in terms of ability I've seen in an Australian team for years really. Not a lot of experience there though.
mmm...10 overs to go Princey

biased indian

International Coach
Murali took only 4 wickets in his 116 overs in australia..kumble now has 5 in just 21 overs..he is good aganist aussies....

he now has 93 wickets aganist aussies hope he reach 100 in this match itself...then he would have reached 600 also....come on jumbo