• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Odoyo hasn't got a wicket so far either:laugh:
He has not bowled at all so far - not sure as a result of batting for so long or due to the injury from the last game.

Great to see Varaiya take 5 for - he said to me before this tour that he was targeting a 10 for a match, so hope he gets it!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He has not bowled at all so far - not sure as a result of batting for so long or due to the injury from the last game.

Great to see Varaiya take 5 for - he said to me before this tour that he was targeting a 10 for a match, so hope he gets it!
Dude you get to rub shoulders with International Sports stars. Anyway I probably did not give the scoreards as good a looking over as I should. Personally I think Varaiya very well be the best young spinner around right now.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Good to see Odoyo back bowling and Ongondo getting amongst the wickets. If Varaiya can weave his magic on the wearing pitch, Kenya should still scrape home, but the selectors really need to strengthen the batting!

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
To be honest, on the evidence of these three matches in UAE I'm thinking that Kenya might not make it to the final. Ireland and Scotland baring whether will breeze by if they play like that against them.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest, on the evidence of these three matches in UAE I'm thinking that Kenya might not make it to the final. Ireland and Scotland baring whether will breeze by if they play like that against them.
I am worried the way the batting has just not quite held together although I would not be so sure about Ireland and Scotland doing a whole lot batter against Namibia given that Ireland meet them in Windhoek and they have more FC experience than any other Associate team bar none.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
From what little I saw of Namibia, they have a very professional attitude and I think will be quite a handful at home. Neither Ireland nor Scotland travel to Africa that well and will also likely be weakened teams when they play away.

Scotland have the benefit of playing Kenya at home, but I think both will be made to work very hard in Windhoek. If Kenya can play Ireland in either Nairobi or even better Mombasa, they will also have a huge advantage. This may however go a neutral venue (read UAE).

It is still early days and a big call, but it would be great to see an all-Africa final...

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am worried the way the batting has just not quite held together although I would not be so sure about Ireland and Scotland doing a whole lot batter against Namibia given that Ireland meet them in Windhoek and they have more FC experience than any other Associate team bar none.
Indeed that is the most troubling of all the Ireland fixtures in my opinion as you can't really predict what Namibia will do on any given day. Beating Kenya seemed more to do with Snyman than the anything else and in the world cricket league they started well but died after two matches. Still, with Snyman and their Bowlers they are a dangerous threat any day. Kenya's chances of making the final will be fully scrutinised when they come to Europe for the matches against Scotland and Netherlands.

Incidentally, looking forward to the future should the team line-up of the next IC be changed to reflect Bermuda's performances?

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Kenya has to improve their batting especially their openers, dont see them to build their partnership at all... Hope the Kenyan board does some serious thinking... Coming to other teams, no team looks to score in the 2nd innings? Is there any reasons on that???

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya has to improve their batting especially their openers, dont see them to build their partnership at all... Hope the Kenyan board does some serious thinking... Coming to other teams, no team looks to score in the 2nd innings? Is there any reasons on that???
I'd expect to see Kennedy Obuya return as opener later this year with Ouma droppinf down the order a bit.

Regards trying to score - the reason Kenya lost too many quick wickets in the second innings was trying to score too quickly. Poor shot selection a key problem for the coaching staff. Hopefully it will be helped with domestic multi day cricket once the zonal league gets off the ground...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hi Mates,

How many teams do u think will play or should play in the following two World Cups (2011 & 2015)? Why?

Ben Stinga

Cricket Spectator
16 teams in both tournament.

By 2019, we should be in a position to expand up to 20 teams, depending on the levels of improvement we see between now and then.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd expect to see Kennedy Obuya return as opener later this year with Ouma droppinf down the order a bit.
Sounds a reasonable solution for the medium term but Kenya will definitely need one or teo other young batsmen to put up some big domestic performances cos neither Kennedy Obuya nor Steve Tikolo are gonna be around forever.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Mates,

How many teams do u think will play or should play in the following two World Cups (2011 & 2015)? Why?
16 would seem to be the logical number to be locked into for the forseeable future.

Anything less and its really just another comp with no real effort at being a WC.

Sure there is a big difference between the 8th best team and the 11th best team but there isnt that big a gap between 11th and 18th or so.

World Cups work on a number of levels. They look to crown a World Champ, they look to spring an upset or 2 and they also give smaller sides an opportunity to have a go against big opponents and those of a similar standard on the big stage.

Some of the most competetive games are the minnows going at each other to gain that special WC victory and not finish at the bottom.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Sounds a reasonable solution for the medium term but Kenya will definitely need one or teo other young batsmen to put up some big domestic performances cos neither Kennedy Obuya nor Steve Tikolo are gonna be around forever.
There are young batsmen coming through, but there is no need to rush them in to internationals before they are ready. While Australia admittedly have huge depth, they are also a great example of a nation that is happy to give players their first cap at 30+ when they have truly proven themselves. No surprises they often find it easier to adapt than rookies.

Until the Zonal league kicks off, Kenya have no domestic comp where players can earn proper experience, but with it there should be less need to bring younger players into the national team so soon. Even without it, the A and U19 teams are getting plenty of action under CK so there should be no rush. Better to have our best current team on the park at all times.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
When Is the Zonal League starting & How many partispating?

1) So Bermuda has been crushed by Guyana
Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/stanford2008/engine/match/300889.html

2) New York schools trial cricket.

3) Dalrymple leads MCC to Uganda.

4) Tikolo's professionalism claims rejected.

That could show their performance in the coming T20 Qualifiers... They are gonna be thrashed by Ireland, Kenya, Scotland & may be Canada too...

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
When Is the Zonal League starting & How many partispating?

1) So Bermuda has been crushed by Guyana
Scorecard: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/stanford2008/engine/match/300889.html

2) New York schools trial cricket.

3) Dalrymple leads MCC to Uganda.

4) Tikolo's professionalism claims rejected.

That could show their performance in the coming T20 Qualifiers... They are gonna be thrashed by Ireland, Kenya, Scotland & may be Canada too...
The Zonal league is set to kick off later this month with 4? franchises playing each other in T20 games.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
yep - it was due to start this weekend (Feb 16th), but not yet heard that confirmed officially.

The format is 60 players split into 4 teams.

20-20s are first up, then 50 overs, then 3 day games. It should conclude about June.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hope it is conducted as a high profile tournament!

Americas Divison Three Championship, Argentina:

Feb 11th:
Match 01: Chile Beat Belize
Match 02: Turks and Caicos Islands Beat Peru

Feb 12th:
Match 01: Belize v Brasil – St.Alban's Club
Match 02: Chile v Turks & Caicos Islands – Hurlingham Club

Feb 13th:
Match 01: Brasil v Turks & Caicos Islands – Hurlingham Club
Match 02: Chile v Peru – St.Alban´s Club

Feb 15th:
Match 01: Belize v Peru – Hurlingham Club
Match 02: Brasil v Chile – Belgrano Athletic Club

Feb 16th:
Match 01: Belize v Turks & Caicos Islands – Belgrano Athletic Club
Match 02: Brasil v Peru – Hurlingham Club

Present Standings:
1) T&C Islands
2) Chile
3) Brasil
4) Belize
5) Peru
All matches are 50 over games, starting at 10.30am.

ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2k8, Malaysia:

Feb 11th:
W.Up Match 01: Ireland Beat PNG.
W.Up Match 02: Bangladesh Beat Malaysia.

Feb 12th:
W.Up Match 01: Nepal Beat Bermuda.
W.Up Match 02: South Africa Beat Namibia.

Feb 13th:
W.Up Match 01: Malaysia V PNG.
W.Up Match 02: New Zealand V Ireland.

Feb 14th:
W.Up Match 01: Bermuda V Namibia.
W.Up Match 02: Zimbabwe V Nepal.

Last edited: