• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sure will. Usually we get cricket from England, South Africa and Australia, plus any other big tournaments.
Makes no sense really, you'd think there would be more Indians living in NZ than South Africans. So it couldn't be just a target audience thing.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Makes no sense really, you'd think there would be more Indians living in NZ than South Africans. So it couldn't be just a target audience thing.
Or Sky TV operates in South Africa and not in India? I'm not sure though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Or Sky TV operates in South Africa and not in India? I'm not sure though.
May be it, but sky doesn't operate in Australia does it? Foxtel? A lot of dire sports are shown on sky, much rather cricket to be on than channels seemingly devoted to golf replays. I enjoy my golf but come on. Does more than once channel need to have golf on it?

Perm

May be it, but sky doesn't operate in Australia does it? Foxtel? A lot of dire sports are shown on sky, much rather cricket to be on than channels seemingly devoted to golf replays. I enjoy my golf but come on. Does more than once channel need to have golf on it?
Agree with you about seeing more cricket, but it just doesn't appeal to a lot of people in New Zealand, mind you I'm not sure golf does either. Pretty sure it has something to do with Sky.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agree with you about seeing more cricket, but it just doesn't appeal to a lot of people in New Zealand, mind you I'm not sure golf does either. Pretty sure it has something to do with Sky.
No one in my family besides my older brother really likes cricket but he's a rugby player. An odd little country is NZ. Really hope T20 could spark more interest in the sport, cos nothing else bloody has (besides maybe the CH)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Well SJS seemed to take it rather differently TBH...
Of course I took it differently.

I donrt want to get into explaing to this fellow about the dictionary meaning and the definition of junior. In cricketing parlance junior player is pretty clear to every one.

The captain and vice captain can be and often are considered seniors due to rank. Then there are seniors who have been team members for long periods hence Laxman, Dravid, Sachin, Kumble etc are senior members of the Indian team.

The Sharmas, Uthappas etc are juniors.

I dont think (and its okay to disagree with me on this) that juniors should be going about giving the kind of statements that Uthappa did. A captain normally, a vice captain sometimes and a senior sometimes do give their views as they do carry some weight/authority due tho their seniority/position they can speak on behalf of the team.

As I said, someone can disagree with this and say that Uthappa can call Ponting a monkey for all he cares (exaggeration to make a point). I may disagree with that but its personal opinion hosoever much I may feel it flies in the face of accepted norms.

But for someone to insist that I said/meant something that I did not and keep at it is absolutely ridiculous. My trying to make light of it was meant to just point out his error in a light manner so taht we could move on but this guy is incorrigible.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Eh?, there was no venom or sarcasm in my tone whatsoever, I was pointing out to SJS that by calling a player "junior" he meant the age of the player, that is all. :huh:
And how do you know for sure that I meant that ??

And why should you insist, when I was making it clear (with light hearted sarcasm) that I wasn't. That no I meant what you said and not what I was saying later. When someone says this is what they meant, the well mannered thing to do is to accept that at face value. But no you know exactly what I meant originally.

My dear thats as close you can get to calling me a liar as as not to make a difference from actually calling me one..

I do not lie and I do not appreciate being called a liar, howsoever indirectly.

Goodbye.

Last edited:

Perm

The forecast says rain is likely, can anybody near Bangalore confirm or deny this?

EDIT: Seems cricinfo has started their broadcast, and the commentators have said that the day is fine. Australia won the toss and will bat first.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The forecast says rain is likely, can anybody near Bangalore confirm or deny this?

EDIT: Seems cricinfo has started their broadcast, and the commentators have said that the day is fine. Australia won the toss and will bat first.
Gilchrist has won the toss and Australia are going to bat

Perm

India: SR Tendulkar, SC Ganguly, G Gambhir, R Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, IK Pathan, RR Powar, RP Singh, Z Khan, S Sreesanth

Australia: AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, BJ Hodge, A Symonds, MJ Clarke BJ Haddin, JR Hopes, GB Hogg, SR Clark, B Lee, MG Johnson

Australia will need 20 overs out of Clarke, Symonds, Hodge and Hopes. Should be an acheivable task, as Hopes will likely bowl 10 unless he's getting hammered. Nice to see Irfan Pathan making a return, really adds some more balance to the Indian side, let's hope he continues where he left off during the World Twenty20.

andyc

India: SR Tendulkar, SC Ganguly, G Gambhir, R Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, IK Pathan, RR Powar, RP Singh, Z Khan, S Sreesanth

Australia: AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, BJ Hodge, A Symonds, MJ Clarke BJ Haddin, JR Hopes, GB Hogg, SR Clark, B Lee, MG Johnson

Australia will need 20 overs out of Clarke, Symonds, Hodge and Hopes. Should be an acheivable task, as Hopes will likely bowl 10 unless he's getting hammered. Nice to see Irfan Pathan making a return, really adds some more balance to the Indian side, let's hope he continues where he left off during the World Twenty20.
With Lee, Clark, Hogg and Johnson in, they'll only need 10 overs out of Hopes, Symonds and Clarke (would be surprised if Hodge got a bowl). The team has plenty of bowling IMO.

Perm

With Lee, Clark, Hogg and Johnson in, they'll only need 10 overs out of Hopes, Symonds and Clarke (would be surprised if Hodge got a bowl). The team has plenty of bowling IMO.
Indeed. cricinfo missed out Stuart Clark during their preview, so I didn't realise he was playing. Looks a good bowling attack then, be interesting to see if Clark stops being dire.

Perm

Hodge gone, Australia looking shaky. Mind you, Hayden hasn't got himself off the mark yet.