• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best County Combo

Best Combo

• Derby: Di Venuto/ Astle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durham: Love/ Pretorius

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Gloustershire: Rhodes/ Harvey

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hamps: Warne/ Katich

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Lancs: H Singh/ S Law

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Middls: Razzaq/ Noffke

• Notts: Macgill/ Cairns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Surrey: Mahmood/ Mushtaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sussex: M Ahmed/ Goodwin

• Worcs: Hayward/ Hall

• Total voters

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
HE is IMPROVING, IF YOU watched him play and knew anything about cricket is would be obvious too you
I watch cricket and know a lot about it too.

But if you take 4 runs off your batting average and 2 onto your bowling in a few games...then that is not an improvement...if you know so much about Cricket then you ought to realise that the higher the batting average the better and the lower the bowling average the better...

masterblaster

International Captain
Let me add some spice to this conversation.

Would any county ever sign Ajit Agarkar to play for them?
He is a good domestic bowler averaging 26 odd in the 4day game, and averaging 27 with the bat with 2 centuries.

Would he ever play for a county?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats not bad domestic figures although im sure a County would have a whole list a page long of players they'd pick before they get to Agarkar.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:

He is a good domestic bowler averaging 26 odd in the 4day game, and averaging 27 with the bat with 2 centuries.

Not a chance...he's too good for England ;)

About spice...I could do with a good Curry...and a real Indian one I mean, not that Bangladeshi rubbish.

Rich2001

International Captain
masterblaster said:

I want to try and say this without offending, so if it comes out wrong then sorry...

Counties know they can get good players, and they normally go for proven Internationals, which in my opinion AA hasn't done yet... he keeps showing signs them proforming badly again, he has the talent he just need to develop it. I think there are many better players out there for the counties to attract and many that wish to come to play in England for experiance... Also money makes a big differences in choice, who would you rather turn up and see, Tendulkar and Gilly and Co or Ajit Agarkar????

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
Not a chance...he's too good for England ;)

About spice...I could do with a good Curry...and a real Indian one I mean, not that Bangladeshi rubbish.
HAHA Rik finaly admits he backs India in somthing :lol: :lol:

masterblaster

International Captain
Agreed with you there Rich, the people of England want to see big players, entertaining players that win games for their side and also entertain the masses. This is the one of the ways kids will watch more cricket and hopefully take interest in the game and be next generation stars for England.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
I want to try and say this without offending, so if it comes out wrong then sorry...
Don't worry, it's AA here :lol: :lol:

who would you rather turn up and see, Tendulkar and Gilly and Co or Ajit Agarkar????
Depending on how windy it is and how drunk I am...I would love to see AA trying to bowl into the wind with those ears :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
HAHA Rik finaly admits he backs India in somthing :lol: :lol:
Ain't ya heard? I'm their number 1 fan for the World Cup! Why? Well I figured I had to be nice to them sometime! :lol: Make up for all the times I've slagged them off :yawn:

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
Ain't ya heard? I'm their number 1 fan for the World Cup! Why? Well I figured I had to be nice to them sometime! :lol: Make up for all the times I've slagged them off :yawn:
Well lets hope they go out early so you can get back to supporting your real team..... whoever that is in you avtar :lol: :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Well lets hope they go out early so you can get back to supporting your real team..... whoever that is in you avtar :lol: :lol:
It's the Greek one. I can't exactly put in the ZCU one can I...not with what's happening...

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
It's the Greek one. I can't exactly put in the ZCU one can I...not with what's happening...
No but why would you want to do that anyway, it's hard enough fighting battles for the English cricket team on here as it is, without English fans running off to minor sides :P ;) :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
No but why would you want to do that anyway, it's hard enough fighting battles for the English cricket team on here as it is, without English fans running off to minor sides :P ;) :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But...I'm also part Yank but Blewie nicked their logo :!( :!( :!(

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But...I'm also part Yank but Blewie nicked their logo :!( :!( :!(
Going slightly off topic here, anyone to try and get it back to Best County Combo? anyone :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Going slightly off topic here, anyone to try and get it back to Best County Combo? anyone :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Me, you and Neil opening the batting? ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok I know it's late but isn't Me, You and Neil three people how possibly could we all open the batting? Oh right you mean Iam the runner for you :P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Ok I know it's late but isn't Me, You and Neil three people how possibly could we all open the batting? Oh right you mean Iam the runner for you :P
No...Neil can run...I can't be arsed :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
masterblaster said:

Personally I can think of worse signings, but with the amount of ODI cricket he plays, it'd be a tough call to sign him.

I wish someone did this summer though, we could have an AA conference at one of his games!

chris.hinton

International Captain
Who are Warwickshire going to sign as the second overseas pro?

Worcester have a GREAT combo, and will win Division two this season